Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The battery on my Sense isn't lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

all the sudden my Fitbit sense battery is draining very quickly. I haven’t even had it a year. Not sure if it was bc of an update or not. Anyone else?? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there, @angiemellon1. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Sense. 

As you know, Sense battery should last up to 6 days. However, as with other electronic devices, the battery will depend on the features and how often they're used, such as Spotify app or the Always-On display, GPS, etc. While this doesn't mean that you shouldn't use them, please take into consideration the conditions that impact your watch's battery.

That being said, try to change the clock face to one designed by Fitbit and please confirm if you've followed the tips and recommendations to maximize your watch's battery life described here.

Hope that helps.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

“ Snore Report” and “Daily Readiness Report” use up alot of battery.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Mine too!  Mine drained over last weekend, when it's ALWAYS lasted 5-6 days.  Today I got the low battery notification and I charged it to 100% two days ago.  I haven't changed any settings and using nothing new.  I had not installed the new update, which I am doing now, so I want to see if it improves with the update.

I got this for Christmas last year and I'm not a happy camper. 

Best Answer

Hi, @VABeth  -  as  @Clove6060  says, check for features that may have automatically been added as the cause of the short battery life.

It is interesting that this happened without installing the new firmware.

It should be noted that the Fitbit App or Clock face may have auto updated or App features changed without you doing anything.

Please post back how the firmware update affects the performance. It could be useful to others.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_ thanks.  I've done the update, and I'm watching my battery level.  I am aware now that the Snore report is active and this might be the cause (I do want to try this feature out).  I typically lose about 18% of battery power per day; I'm at a 12% loss right now after a full charge about 12 hours ago.  I'll keep you updated.

Best Answer

I've started having this same problem all of a sudden (since 12/18/2021), and I've changed nothing on my sense. It's still running the same clock face it has a year or so -- my own (so I know nothing changed in it). And now it barely lasts 4-6 hours -- where it used to last easily 2 days.

Best Answer

Hi @eamodio - if you are on firmware 44.128.6.12, it may be related to a new version of the Fitbit App which has auto updated..

You could try turning off the phone's Bluetooth and restarting the watch via Shutdown.

If that improves the battery you could try turning off status indicators in the watch Settings before reenabling Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ I am on 44.128.6.12, but my Fitbit app hasn't updated since the 8th of Dec. And I've rebooted the watch a few times, but so far it hasn't helped at all. Though, oddly since I've taken it off the charger an hour ago, it hasn't drained from 100% (but it is also in sleep mode). I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow.

Best Answer

@eamodio - for the non syncing problem a phone restart may be needed, but only at the point where you turn Bluetooth back on.

Also before that turn off status indicators (a new feature) in the watch Settings, this may have been causing an issue with the battery, but as yet not confirmed.

Best Answer

Good tip. Did not think about the readiness report. Will find how to disable that one, not using that anyway. Do not understand the meaning of this feature.

Best Answer

So just as quickly as it started, it has resolved itself for me -- without me doing anything (just like as it started). I feel like there was some service outage over the last ~2 days and the watch just went into overdrive retry mode, but now that the "service" is back up things are back to normal.

Best Answer

It seems to have fixed itself without me changing anything. Battery is okay at the moment.

Best Answer