Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to stop swim tracking on Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When the button is clicked to stop the swim clock, it opens to the wallet screen. Click the button again and it goes back to the swim clock which keeps on ticking. Gets tied into this loop for a least one hour.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports about the Sense. @Rich_Laue Thanks for your awesome help.

I appreciate your efforts while working on this matter and I'm glad you were able to stop your swim activity on the Sense. For the ones having this issue,  please try double pressing the side button to get the end exercise screen. Once you end your exercise, your watch will unlock so you can navigate through its screens. I hope you continue enjoying the experience with your watch and don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists.

See you around.

Best Answer

I have this same problem. I stayed at the end of my swim and tried every possible click, swipe I could think of = nothing worked. I just left it running and hours later on when I got home I could finally shut it off. The first time this happened after the update the watch would not shutoff or respond for days. I put it in a drawer and left it for over a week. Lizzy gave some direction on deleting all my apps and reloading, not sure what really got it to work again but it's still pretty much useless to swim with. I also didn't know anything about a water lock and still don't but the watch seems to be really useless to track any of my swims.

Best Answer

Hi

Someone gave me the answer which worked with mine. Do two quick double taps on the left side button at the end and it ends the session (I have a sense) I used to press this once but since the update I need to do two quick taps. I hope that works for you.

Juliette

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

See my post here to learn how to turn off the water lock. 

Best Answer

The only way I can get my Sense out of swim mode (unlocked) is to reset it. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

@Grams642 have you tried the 2 quick taps of the button. You want these taps to be no more than a second apart. Use the same type of rap when typing out a text message on the phone. 

Best Answer
Yes it won’t change. It will go to other menus but when you go back to swim it’s still locked until I connect to charger and reset. Thank you.

Marcia Lynch
Best Answer

After swimming, I press both sides and I get the Pandora prompt. I select yes to just get out of the swim mode lock. It worked fine just over a month ago. Bummer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's great to see you participating in this forum. @Juliette13 and @Rich_Laue Thanks for your amazing help.

@BInthewoods and @F1bud Thanks for every step tried prior to posting. Let me share that when starting a swim activity on your Sense, the water lock will be enabled so the screen doesn't activate by itself while doing your exercise. As our friends @Juliette13 and @Rich_Laue pointed out, you need to double press the side button to unlock your watch and either end your exercise or resume it. Please give it a try and keep me posted.

@Grams642 I'm sorry your Sense is still locked and thanks for trying the suggestions shared above. Because this shouldn't be happening, let me recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring you back on track. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and make sure to share all the steps you've tried so far.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Juliette, I gave that a try after my last swim and it finally
worked. It's very touchy on how those two taps are made. Since I don't have
my glasses on in the pool, I can only read the meters distance, but that's
better than nothing I suppose since I never count the laps myself.
Best Answer

@F1bud the unlock process was changed with the latest firmware. 

Best Answer

Hi @BInthewoods. It's good to see you here again. @Rich_Laue Thanks for your help.

@BInthewoods I'm glad you were able to unlock your Sense and thanks for trying the suggestions shared in this thread. About your other question, if you want a different stat displayed while swimming, press the button twice to pause the activity, scroll up to the screen that shows your real-time stats, tap on the screen to change the stat and tap Resume to continue tracking your activity.

Please note that after selecting an exercise, you can change what stats you want to see at the top, in the middle and at the bottom of the screen before starting your workouts.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue, it started to go wrong 2 weeks ago 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my sense doesn't want to get out of swim tracking despite all my trials. double-clicking doesn't help. connecting to the charger doesn't help. pressing the left bottom button no difference. covering the screen with my balm is useless. What else should I try? It's very frustrating. I just had the watch for 3 weeks!!

Best Answer

Hi @Maesesan. It's good to see you again. @Khattab Welcome on board.

@Maesesan Thanks for joining this thread. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you've tried double pressing the button without holding it? If not, please give it as this will stop the swim tracking and get your Sense to show the clock face correctly. Let me know how it goes.

@Khattab I've moved your post to this new thread so you can receive more related responses about this situation. Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, nice way to start. Because you've tried double pressing the button, could you confirm if you've tried restarting your watch? If you did, please get in touch with our Support team so they can provide you with further assistance. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, and make sure to share the steps you've tried so far.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once I got my patience back this worked right away!   Thanks I know you weren't answering to me but it helped me out

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums, @SunsetRunner.

I'm glad the suggestions shared in this thread helped you, and thanks for your efforts. I hope you can continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and in case you have some spare time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your story, meet more people and start your own topics.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue each time I swim I have to do a hardreset hold down left button for fitbut sign and need to do it when unpaired to phone otherwise google assistant appears - waiting for support to resolve have latest updates just stuck in this mode totally frustrating to have to reboot after each swim.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is fully updated and none of your advice helps 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of what advice has helped, @Ameera13 

Have you tried double tapping the side button as described above.. I'm not sure if the user manual has been updated yet. 

Best Answer