Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unmute Alexa on my Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Sense (only 3 weeks old) has muted Alexa. It is not on sleep/do not disturb mode, and I can’t turn it off using the volume controls. 

Moderator Edit: Updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

[Update: problem was due to Do Not Disturb being turned on.]

Sorry, I have the exact same problem and follow the steps above, with no improvement in the situation. To be specific, the little microphone icon has an X next to it and it’s not responsive when I try to unmute. I’m trying to check the news on my Fitbit Sense 2. This used to work. The watch is only barely a week old.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome, @Foytrek. It's good to see a new face around the forums.

Thanks for your efforts while working on this situation. Given this situation, I'd recommend setting up Alexa one more time by doing the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Sense > Voice Assistant.
  2. Tap Amazon Alexa and log out.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Restart your watch to refresh its performance.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and try log in to the Amazon account.
  6. Once that is done, try adding a Fitbit skill to ask Alexa as described here.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

[Update: problem was due to Do Not Disturb being turned on.]

Sorry, I have the exact same problem and follow the steps above, with no improvement in the situation. To be specific, the little microphone icon has an X next to it and it’s not responsive when I try to unmute. I’m trying to check the news on my Fitbit Sense 2. This used to work. The watch is only barely a week old.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Tresy.

I'm glad you sorted this out and thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. I'm sure your post will help other members visiting the forums.

By the way, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and start your own topics. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes