Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock my Sense with my phone

I took my watch off left it face down for an hour when I returned to it, it had the unlock with phone message. I followed the online directions but there was no unlock option in the app. I then followed directions to remove the sense from the app. I can't relink it now as the "unlock with phone" message prevents me from seeing the pin, despite my phone finding the sense. I had my bank card on the watch. I have tried to do factory reset but I still get the "unlock with phone" message. If it had factory reset successfully I assume that message would disappear? Any tips? Especially in the magic steps that you need to use to do the factory reset?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @Liu123. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Sense is still locked. I will do my best to help you with this!

Since your Sense was unpaired from your mobile phone, the only way to get rid of the message you're now receiving is in fact by performing a factory reset as you have already tried. Important: Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Nevertheless, I'd like you to please confirm if you performed it as described below:

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

At this point you can set up the Sense again. For instructions, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I don't have a back button. I have the solid heptic button. I've tried the above steps but I never get the longer vibration only a second short one like the first.

Best Answer
0 Votes