Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vitamin D

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone,

I have a vitamin D deficiency and my fitbit Sense is showing a dash for vitamin D instead of a number.

Is there a way to correct this without wiping out all of my data?

Thank you!!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @NSBIrene. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. To look into this, could you confirm where is the dash for Vitamin D displayed? Currently the Today app on your Sense will display your calories intake as well as the ones left to reach your goal under the food widget. To learn more about how to navigate your watch, I'd recommend this help article.

On the other hand, if your data isn't updated, please make sure the Fitbit app is updated, reboot your phone, open the Fitbit app, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and check your details one more time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Lizzy,

I have fitbit premium.

Go to "log your food" then click on "nutrients"

The dash is next to vitamin D in the nutrients section.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit   This isn't a Sense issue.  This is a problem with the food database.  I am an iPhone user and have the current app.  Here is an example of @NSBIrene's experience:

The food is vitamin D fortified milkThe food is vitamin D fortified milk 

This is Vitamin D fortified milk, with 25% RDA per serving.  I reviewed many other food items that are significant sources of Vitamin D.  They all show a "-" when logged.

This isn't a Sense problem.  I'm not sure if this is the same on the Android app or not.  This is definitely not a web dashboard issue.  The web dashboard doesn't log food his way.  Where does this issue belong?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW i would move it to the forum for the type of phone that @NSBIrene is using. 

Like you mention, this has nothing to do with e Sense hardware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NSBIrene   I did some more searching and this is what I found.  First I am going on the premise that the mobile app and the web dashboard use the same food database, just displayed differently.  I searched for many foods that are known to be vitamin D rich.  The database also includes vitamins.  Vitamin D isn't included in the nutrition information for any food, vitamin, or supplement.  See here as an example.  My suggestion is to start a Feature Suggestion asking for Vitamin D content in the food database.

@LizzyFitbit   Can you confirm that my conclusion is correct?  If so, this thread doesn't need to be moved anywhere.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just came across this same issue, when I went to log Hard boiled eggs it showed the same ‘-‘ against it. Eggs are supposed to be one of the good sources of Vit D. Shame that it isn’t available 🫠

Best Answer

It appears that the problem has not been resolved, kindly look into it ! I am on ios and this problem is real. 

Best Answer

Most foods I have come across (which I specifically eat because I am trying to increase my vitamin D intake) do not display vitamin D and there appears to be know way to add nutrient information to custom foods. I'm in the UK and on an Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes