Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty won't cover Sense for accidental damage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit has no physical store, and no replacement or reparation pipeline for damage. The Sense my wife bought me on October fell off the short charging cable onto the ground next to my desk, less than three feet onto a laminate floor. Now the screen is cracked and Fitbit won't do anything about it. Tell me again why these are so popular? If I get a response from Fitbit that is just "man, I totally get where you are coming from" with no actual help, I'm going to lose my mind. 

I'm not buying another one unless this one gets repaired. Such a promising device from such lackluster support.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Strouticus, sorry to hear about the damage to your watch. The watch isn't repairable for a cracked screen, and unfortunately the warranty does not damage from accidents, etc.  You should, though, contact Fitbit Support to report the damage and see what they can offer, which will probably be a discount on a new watch. Click on the Help link at the bottom of this page, and then select Get Support to find the best way for you to contact them.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Strouticus, sorry to hear about the damage to your watch. The watch isn't repairable for a cracked screen, and unfortunately the warranty does not damage from accidents, etc.  You should, though, contact Fitbit Support to report the damage and see what they can offer, which will probably be a discount on a new watch. Click on the Help link at the bottom of this page, and then select Get Support to find the best way for you to contact them.

Best Answer

Hi @Strouticus - Sorry to hear of your cracked Sense screen. It’s frustrating but Support has to follow the warranty and cannot make exceptions. Even Apple does not cover accidental damage to the iWatch under their warranty. But if you google “repair broken Fitbit Sense cover,” you could find companies that will do the repair. 

Best Answer

The extended warranty claims they cover accidental damage, maybe this would be a valid reason for purchasing. 

Best Answer

This is an interesting point, considering the Fitbit representative today told me that even with a warranty, cracks and falls are not covered. I could not get any clarification on what "accidental damage" entails.

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit Support before making this post, in an effort to not publicly voice my grievances. The person on the phone literally said "it sounds like you have a broken watch". I was being kind when I described their support as lackluster. I don't wish to disparage any individual at the company or in these forums. However, the policies in place are horrendous for end consumers and are negligent in what they offer. Every person on the forum can comment that the cracked screen is covered or that the warranty would have been a good idea, but that does not make either of those statements true. I could have spent more money initially to have the same problem now. 

Best Answer

Support is going to answer based on fitbit's policy. 

The extended warranty is not covered by Fitbit but a third party. Their warranty, that the user pays for, is not the same as Fitbit's warranty. 

Best Answer

yeah, my fitbit sense just got replaced for water damage under the year warranty. now the screen cracked and they wont replace or fix. i just switched to garmin! best of luck

Best Answer