Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wearing woven wristband during sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know what awful thing could possibly happen if you wear the woven wristband during sleep?  The wear and care info says not to wear it during sleep, but doesn't tell you why.  I have been all over the Fitbit website and even used one of the contact options which resulted in being pointed to the wear and care page again but did not answer my question!  I'm interested in what anyone's experiences have been wearing the woven band during sleep.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Right after I posted this question someone from Fitbit on Twitter answered my DM.  They said the woven bands are harder to keep clean so that's why they don't recommend wearing them 24/7.  Still interested in hearing others experiences in wearing the woven bands!

Best Answer

I didn't even know that! I've been wearing a woven band for the past two-ish weeks and I've been too lazy to put the other infinity band back on. The other bands give me huge red peeling skin areas, woven is far better. Now I am curious!

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Versa-Smartwatches/Special-Edition-woven-bands-ok-for-workouts...

I think it's just that it might look dirty (I guess some people are rough sleepers?!) or have wear and tear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that link Jane11.  There are some posts there from 2018 with a link to the wear and care page, but the quoted words in the post are not in that page any more.  I guess Fitbit changed it at some point.  The wear and care page actually has less info about the woven bands than it did in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Twignest - I’ve owned and worn woven bands (and leather ones) from Fitbit and from Amazon for years. I find them more comfortable than the silicone. No problems wearing them all day and night, although I do take them off to shower and wash dishes. So that gives my skin a rest.

Best Answer

my woven band on the sense has worn very well so far and I use it day & night (except for when I'm exercising and change to the infinity band). My woven band on my charge 3 wore very well too over a long time. yes it can get a little dirty over time but nothing that really bothered me. and, it didn't fray or look worn in that regard. also, it's not super expensive to replace if necessary, say over 1-2 years. main reason I wear it so much is that it's really comfortable - forms to your wrist and is soft, and it looks nice. I like the aesthetics on the woven band on the sense even more than the charge 3.

Best Answer

My expeeiance is they get dirty very fast. 

Best Answer