Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Sense's screen made of?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nowhere in Sense's manual do I see what material Sense's actual crystal is made of. Hopefully it is made of Gorilla Glass. Does anyone know, and if it's made of Gorilla Glass, what kind of Gorilla Glass is it?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @WehuttyWanker  - I found this in a Google search. It was provided by Fitbit:

A polished stainless steel ring, custom AMOLED display, laser-bonded Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 and innovative biosensor core make every piece of Sense exceptional by design.

Best Answer

Wonder why Fitbit didn't use the state-of-the-art Gorilla glass Victus on an expensive device like the Sense? Was it a cost cutting measure?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most of the recently released wearables have Gorilla Glass 3, DX or DX+. Scratch resistance really hasn't improved much since GG3. Victus is too new to implement (maybe for 2021) and we don't know how thin it can be made without compromising the benefits. It's being used on 7" screens for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this the same glass as the Ionic uses?  I have seen a few people say their Sense screen broke after a short fall. I have banged my Ionic around a lot during workouts and haven’t had issues. Wondering if the Sense will take the same abuse. The posts regarding shattered Sense screens have me a bit worried. Especially since I noticed they offer an extra warranty (for only $65...) and I don’t recall seeing that option on any previous Fitbit I purchased. 

Best Answer

Whatever its made of it is not durable. I dropped mine 2 feet onto a marble countertop and it chipped and cracked the length of the screen. 16 months old so all I'm offered is 35% off a REGULAR priced item, which is no big deal with so many sales on. Don't get me started on other quality problems I've had with Fitbit watches and scales. Pity as the fitness tracking is great. Sadly I am bidding good riddance to FitBit and hello to Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes