Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the ECG app be available in Isle of Man?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will each be available in the Isle of Man. My Sense shows location as United Kingdom bit I keep getting the "oops" message

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @MoFizz , welcome to the community, I can confirm the ECG works properly here in Northumberland. I do see it is supported in Ireland as well and suspect your problem is an un-noticed location issue. I suggest you talk to "Customer Support" here, use the chat facility or phone for a prompt response. You could also make the point at  Fitbit Community where you can put forward suggestions.

I hope this helps, you should certainly have access to ECG in the IOM.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @MoFizz , welcome to the community, I can confirm the ECG works properly here in Northumberland. I do see it is supported in Ireland as well and suspect your problem is an un-noticed location issue. I suggest you talk to "Customer Support" here, use the chat facility or phone for a prompt response. You could also make the point at  Fitbit Community where you can put forward suggestions.

I hope this helps, you should certainly have access to ECG in the IOM.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I am currently in email conversation with the Fitbit team but they haven't yet come up with any answers. There seems to be a problem with my physical location being the IOM and the location determined by the automatic location on the Fitbit app being the UK. 

Maybe the software developers need to deal with this anomaly as a matter of priority. I really hope they get a solution soon.

All the best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have signed up to Premium service in order to use the ECG app but need to reconsider now.

also based in Isle of Man but have all my locations set to UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @IOMfit and welcome to the Community.  First, the ECG app doesn't require Premium, so you should continue your Premium service based on its features.   I'm in the US, but this post caught my eye and I wanted to learn more about the IOM.  I think this issue comes from the IOM's status and I found my explanation in this article: The British Island that's not in the UK  The ECG app needed to by approved by the US FDA for approval here.  It got released in the UK when it was approved by the MHRA.  I think this is a governmental technicality -- does the MHRA have jurisdiction on the IOM?

Some users wrote that using a VPN blocks the location and lets you use the ECG.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes