Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Fitbit seem to ignoring almost all HR related questions.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had an ionic for years that could keep up with my HR no problem during high intensity CrossFit workouts. Why is my new sense unable to read HR during these workouts?  Catches HR fine on runs. Seems like the HR sensor on the Sense is an embarrassment and is not being addressed anywhere even to have Fitbit say they know it sucks and are working on it. 

I’m telling people I know to get a whoop instead. What I want track is HR, HRV, and sleep anyway.  This advice from me stop until this issue is addressed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@jjddhh, Fitbit is aware of the posts on these threads about users having problems with the HR reading being "inaccurate", and most probably working on a resolution.  But, be aware that not all users are experiencing those problems. The HR readings for my Sense have been very close to the actual HR (as verified by my Polar chest strap).  So much of the HR accuracy depends on the placement of the watch on the wrist, as it tends to slide up or down the arm, or twist sideways, during various exercises. I hope your experience with the Sense improves.

Best Answer

That isn't a reason why my Ionic worked for years and the Sense does not.  Sense is currently fine for jogs/runs, but not for anything with multiple modalities and especially if it will be really spiking the heart rate.  It isn't a small issue for me and many others.  If I'm doing rounds of burpees and thrusters my HR should be well over 160.  The Sense reads 70-80.  And I've strapped down to my wrist tight.  I've strapped to my arm tight.  I've used both the flexor and extensor side of the arm/wrist.  I've used the big strap and used both sides of the ankles.  Same problem.  The Ionic was fantastic and I wish I could have it back, but battery finally stopped accepting a charge.  Technology and engineering should be better with a newer product.  And at ~$300 this HR business seems quite unacceptable. 

Best Answer

I decided to come back to this thread again and note how disappointed I am in the Sense which does a horrible job of picking up heart rate doing anything except running. It may track resting HR or but that doesn’t offset how bad it is for anything else. It also chronically has trouble syncing and connecting with the app. I have had to reset thing over and over again and now appears to be unable to connect period.

Bottom line: AVOID the Fitbit Sense until they fix their tech. 

Best Answer