Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the small, round band piece detachable? Fitbit Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Sense and recently the small, round  piece that I hook into my band to adjust the size has been coming out of the hole & looks as if it was actually designed to come out. I don't see any reason for it to be removable so why?? Why is it falling out? Did they just make it this way so you'll have to buy a new band?! Even on the new Fitbit Sense 2, if you look closely, you can see that it would come out as well!! What the heck?! I need some answers. I am not going to be with Fitbit much longer. They seem deceitful, they don't give straight forward answers, they make you sort out your questions in the Fitbit community, and their products seem to be poorly made! I think the only thing they have going for them is that they offer a variety of platforms. Woopty-Doo!!  DO BETTER 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I haven't had issues with the clasp falling off, but I had an issue with allergic reactions to the band.  I found a fantastic metal mesh band on eBay for $5 that has an infinity band.  It's got a magnetic clasp on it which doesn't fall off.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@EGrimes88 it isn't detachable. If it fell off then the strap just broke. I experienced that, too. I just put it back in place with a little of super glue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I could post a picture, I would

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm probably going to have to do this as well. To me, the way the small circle comes out, it looks like it was made this way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EGrimes88 once it comes off it will be coming off every time you try to put the watch on your wrist. That what I experienced so I wouldn't say it's an intentional design. It even happened to come off when I was wearing the watch (then I decided to glue it).

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, and the new bands cost around $15. I have no other choice but to glue
mine! You don't think they made them to break easily so you'd have to go
out & buy a new band? I do!
Best Answer
0 Votes