Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i still get an alert on irregular heart rate without the ECG function enabled?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ecg function is still not available in my country, im wondering if i would still be able to get an alert if my heart rate is irregular? ( im buying it so i could monitor my anger -heart rate goes up when this happen)

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

In the app, go to account/activity & wellness/heart setting/high & low heart rate and turn on high heart notification. You can go with the default settings or create custom settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont have the FB Sense yet but really want it. My country does not have the ECG spec yet.

Is it possible to set alert for irregular heart rate without the ECG spec? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@linasense   The Sense has a high and low heart rate alert.  It doesn't have an irregular heart rate alert.  These heart rate notifications are described on p 58-59 of the Sense Manual. 

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry I still don't know if that function will work when ecg is not
available?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@linasense   These alerts can tell you if your heart rate is faster or slower than the limit you set.  It cannot tell you if your heart rate is regular or irregular.  The ECG app is not an app that runs in the background.  You start the app and take a measurement while holding the edges of the Sense frame with your other hand.  You get one of three results: normal rhythm, atrial fibrillation, or inconclusive.

Based on what you wrote in your initial post, the Sense can't tell you what you want to know.

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer
Hi How does the watch tells if the heart rate is lower or higher than. what
set if ECG is available?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@linasense   These measurements come from the heart rate sensor — the green LEDs.  It doesn’t use the ECG app.

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for the reply. you are helpful. one last question. how
low or how high can I set the alert?
Best Answer
0 Votes