Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nearby permission requested after update on sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the update today, my sense app keeps giving me the "nearby permission requested to pair" message but doesn't pair after many (many!) tries. I have tried resetting the app permissions to locations "yes", reinstalling the fitbit app on my android phone, restarting my android phone, restarting bluetooth, and reinstalling my sense watch as if it is a new watch. It doesn't pair. When I start the "new" watch install, it doesn't seem to recognize anything, and I'm left with the just fitbit logo showing on my watch when it was working fine earlier today! What can I do now? Did this update leave me with an expensive piece of junk on my wrist? If it's user error, I"m happy to admit fault and fix it! I hope somebody has an answer for me! Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @nrs155.

From what I can understand you have removed the Sense from your account and are trying to add it again without success? 

Have you tried going into your phones Bluetooth settings and un-pairing/forgetting it from there? Are you able to complete the set up now? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I tried that and it didn't work. Now my sense isn't even charging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called customer service who tried to do a factory reset but unfortunately that didn't work. They are sending me a no charge replacement. Thank you, Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes