Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Hr 55 min awake/restless. Huh????

ANSWERED

First I don't suffer sleep apnea.  I just finished a lengthy clinical sleep study that ruled that one out.  I however suffer insomnia.  I'm not sure how to read the graph on my device.  I have a flex 2 so it isn't as detailed as some other models.  I still need to know what they represent so I can report to doctors on the follow up after study.  Can someone please shed some light on this subject please?  Also to clarify, I did just start walking (only) for exercise 3 days ago.  Before then I was sedentary for years.  Thank you.  Restless Sleep.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MoonstoneWolf

My mom got a Fitbit Alta and we're testing the Sleep sensitivity settings and what's better for her. Last night she got a graph which was quite similar to yours and we were testing the "sensitive" setting.

You can check if that's the same for you by clicking here: https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile

scroll down the page till you find "Sleep sensitivity" and try to set it as "Normal".

From what I understood, the sensitive mode will easily pick up every little movement as if you were restless/awake and I am inclined to believe that in case of my mom, even when she snores 😛

With the "Normal" setting, her graph seemed to be more accurate.

I'm not sure if this might be your issue, try to change your setting and see what works better for you!

♥ Alta HR ♥ Moto G5 ♥

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Anyone?  I"m new to FitBit and was hoping someone could help me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MoonstoneWolf

My mom got a Fitbit Alta and we're testing the Sleep sensitivity settings and what's better for her. Last night she got a graph which was quite similar to yours and we were testing the "sensitive" setting.

You can check if that's the same for you by clicking here: https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile

scroll down the page till you find "Sleep sensitivity" and try to set it as "Normal".

From what I understood, the sensitive mode will easily pick up every little movement as if you were restless/awake and I am inclined to believe that in case of my mom, even when she snores 😛

I'm not sure if this might be your issue, try to change your setting and see what works better for you!

♥ Alta HR ♥ Moto G5 ♥
Best Answer
0 Votes

@InariOkami wrote:

Hello @MoonstoneWolf

@InariOkami wrote:

Hello @MoonstoneWolf

Ah thanks.  No I have to leave it as sensitive for the Doctor to get as clear an idea as possible as to what is going on.  I should have spent an additional $50 at Target for the Alta for him as this one is too general.  I wonder if there's a smartphone app that will break the pattern down more.  Otherwise the above would be perfect.   🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure if the Alta will make a more "complete" graph than your Flex 2. My mom got the Alta and it appears pretty much the same.. as far as I know, sleep stages will be shown only if you have an Alta HR, a Charge 2 or a Blaze.

Again as far as I know, the Sleep Sensitivity it's not about having a more (or less) accurate report.. it's more about "finding the right setting for you".. it might be that during the night you move a lot and the sensitive setting is picking it up as if you were awake/restless when, instead, you were sleeping.

The normal setting will still show you the awake/restless times and, in my mom's case, we believe it's more accurate for her.

♥ Alta HR ♥ Moto G5 ♥
Best Answer
0 Votes