Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid bags under the eyes and dark circles?

Hi,

Sometimes I have a great sleep, however, often I also have some nights were I get less sleep or sleep of lower quality. This results sometimes in eyes under the bags and dark circles. However, I was wondering how much time is needed to lose the bags under eyes and dark circles? Is there any formula/indication of how long it takes to recover from a (few) bad day(s) of sleep? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @aaaaady Everyone is different, so you'll have to do monitor this for yourself to know how long it takes for get truly rested and keep in mind this will continue to change because of nutrition, environmental changes, and of course age. I'd suggest you start documenting your sleep, how you feel when you get up and if you notice more or less dark circles under your eyes. Good luck!

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

I also have this problem sometimes, but it is usually because I sleep less than 8 hours per night

Best Answer

Hi @Ace864  you're right about that. Getting enough sleep is important. I've noticed it when I don't feel well, too.

@kinvon  the answer isn't always to use sleeping pills. Developing good sleep habits and keeping an eye on your health is best.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @aaaaady It's great to see you around! 

@MarciM@Ace864@kinvon@Odyssey13 Thanks for your great input!

I personally I have dark circles under the eyes when I don't rest well or when I go to sleep late. What I've been doing so far is to avoid naps in the afternoon so I can sleep well at night and I have said no to the caffeine after 6 in the evening. Finally, stick to a Sleep schedule. (I sleep around 7 hours) so I go to bed around 9 pm and get up early to get ready and then go to work. 

All of these practices have helped for me but I'm pretty sure that people put in practice other tips. In the meantime, I'd like to suggest you to visit this Fitbit blog for more information about how to get a good nigh's sleep. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

I also used to suffer from dark circles and puffiness under my eyes. I slept all 8 hours, and it didn’t help me at all.

I also used to suffer from dark circles and puffiness under my eyes. I slept all 8 hours, and it didn’t help me at all. I think the issue was that I used to work night shifts only, and having a lack of daylight also affects your health somehow. Even after I quit that job and had enough sleep at night, I still had dark circles. I tried different creams and gels with a cooling effect, but nothing helped me. I even tried eye-patches, but they don’t work. One day, I accidentally ran across this site — https://absame.org/. They had some simple remedies with green tea bags. I decided to try it since I had some tea at my house. Surprisingly it worked for me, and the solution to my problem was so simple.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

Hi @LiamLambert  remember seeing the tv shows and movies where someone put cucumber slices on their eyes? It's amazing the things we could do to help ourselves. I have a friend who has the dark circles under her eyes when she doesn't feel well. It's always easy to know how she's feeling with one look.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

@LiamLambert Welcome to the community forums! @Odyssey13 It's great to see you around and thanks for your input! 

@LiamLambert Nice input and thanks for sharing it here! 😊 I agree with you @Odyssey13, those dark circles can also appear when we're not feeling well or after being ill. 

Have a great day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer

I think you need to get some sleep!

Best Answer