Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in sleep tracking

When I logged my sleep from 23:15 to 06:30, it showed 6 hours and 0 minutes sleep.

When I changed my sleep from 23:15 to 06:45, it showed 5 hours and 58 minutes sleep.

It is impossible to get less sleep in a longer period of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have found that whenever I edit sleep start or wake up time the whole recording for the entire night changes. Light sleep, REM sleep, deep sleep, time awake, amount of sleep, everything changes, sometimes to a great extent. I (and others) have posted about this several times in various threads, but so far no one has offered an explanation for why this happens. 

Best Answer

This has just happened to me too.  My sleep record showed sleep from 23:38 to 07: 21.  I tried to edit the start time as I’d actually slept from 23:00 but just forgot to put my fitbit on after a shower.  I tried to therefore edit the start time of my sleep and it altered my original start time only then tracking from 12:38 - this has screwed up all my statistics which were showing a gradual increase in sleep - as is my goal.  Do you know if there is any way the figures can go back to what they should be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found that if I change the start or end time back to what it was originally, then the original tracking is restored. Hope this will work for you BikeBot.

For my own part I am still waiting for an explanation from Fitbit why the tracking for the whole night invariably changes whenever I edit start or end time of my sleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Thanks for taking time to help - that’s actually what I did as an experiment - i changed start time by one minute and it popped back to the original time. Thanks and hope your own question is answered by fitbit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way I've found to change it is to restore the original time.

You could try experimenting with various times.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try putting back the original sleep times. Has worked for me in the past. You got the sleep whether fitbit says so or not so don't let it put you off your plan.

Something is better than nothing. Be happy 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes