Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sleep Log? Change your settings!

Hi sleepy Community members!

Does your sleep log look something like this?

sleep log restless.png

If you think your log is inaccurate when it shows this much restlessness, you're not alone! A lot of Fitbit users have sleep logs like this, and many times it's due to the fact that Sleep settings are on "Sensitive" mode instead of "Normal" mode. A little about these two modes:

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep.

We strongly suggest that most users use the Normal setting. To change your settings to Normal, follow these steps, or visit our help article!

• To change your setting in the Fitbit iOS app, go to Account Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  • To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any trouble changing this setting or if you have seen a difference in the accuracy of your sleep log after switching!

Best Answer
519 REPLIES 519

I have tried every fix they have in there book. Nothing worked.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
My wife has a Charge2 and gets good sleep results 95%. I get good results 0%. Fitbit is replacing mine. We will see what happens
Best Answer
 Thanks for the post! Agree taking it with a grain of salt,  except this is expensive salt... better to buy Morton's Salt!...Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
 Thanks for the post! Agree taking it with a grain of salt,  except this is expensive salt... better to buy Morton's Salt!...Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
The Alta HR alerts to texts and phone calls?? Haven't found that on mine yet!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

In the app, go to the ALTA HR account/setup screen (same screen with the silent alarm setup) and choose "notifications" and make sure both calls and text messages are turned on.  This feature is NOT available on the Alta, I don't think, but the Alta HR has it. Maybe the vibration is so weak (my complaint) that you don't know it's working. Calls and texts that come in while I'm working out are completely unrecognizable as vibrations.

Best Answer

That feature IS available on Alta. I used it for about a year before switching to a Charge 2.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
Expensive it is! But at least you can trake solice that there are not any better ones out there so you did as will as can be expected with Fitbit. My sleep Dr said that the only trustworthy heart monitors are the ones with chest straps. As for sleep monitors even the sleep over tests at the lab are not 100% because it's just one night with a TON of wires and tubes glued and taped all over your body in a strange enviornment, so, quite far from a "normal night of sleep."
Best Answer
Thanks for the instructions! Is it just a not if if a text or can u read it as well?

Best Answer

I am waiting for them to replace mine as well.

Best Answer
Replace because the sleep monitor doesn't work?? It may be worth me pursuing (?)...

Best Answer
Replace because the sleep monitor doesn't work?? It may be worth me pursuing (?)...

Best Answer

Honestly, texts slide by so fast that I haven't found it useful except to alert me that I need to check the phone.

Best Answer

Last night my Alta HR registered deep uninterrupted sleep for 1 1/2 hours, nothing (a complete blank spot) for 2 hours, then deep sleep again for two hours. Yet the device was fully charged and securely on my wrist all night, and I believe I was deeply asleep in the blank spot.  I'm wondering if I need to look into a replacement as well.

Best Answer

Hi all, 

Please direct your questions to the community board that is applicable to your tracker (Alta HR questions should be directed to the Alta HR board, Alta questions should be directed to the Alta forum, etc). Here is the main tracker forum page where you can find the applicable board - your questions may be answered just by visiting some of the threads on the applicable forum, or, you can ask questions about your tracker there.

Thanks for keeping the community clean and organized!

Best Answer
 That's helpful for you, yes? I have Fitbit HR Alta so can't use ur instructions.  Thanks for sharing though

Best Answer

I have the Alta HR as well, and that's what I did. You might also be sure your phone is on the approved list...not all phones work.

Best Answer
Hello PsychHike,
Not sure what u r asking
Best Answer
Hello PsychHike,
Not sure what u r asking
Best Answer
Hello Starr C. Same thing happens with my Carge2. Now it only records from after 3:00 AM to whatever it feels like quitting
Best Answer