Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep sleep and REM

Hey everyone!

I’ve had my Fitbit charge 2 for a month now and don’t understand this sleep thing. I’ve read the manual and search countless articles here on the forums. However, my dilemma is that it rarely tells me sleep stages. Only twice in the past month has it registered deep sleep or rem. Other than those two times, it just shows asleep, restless, or awake. Surely I am getting deep sleep more than twice in a month. I also changed the sensitivity setting which was suggested in another forum but then my Fitbit app showed I was restless/awake for 5 out of 8 hours a night. So I changed it back to normal. I tried wearing is lower on my wrist or tighter but nothing seems to be getting it to register deep or rem sleep. 

If anyone can give me suggestions for my Fitbit that would be great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Did you try restarting your fitbit?  It often helps if it's the fitbit at fault.  

But also to add:  I find that when I don't sleep continuously though the night, it doesn't give me the stages (REM, Deep/light sleep), but gives me the older way (restless/awake).  

So I don't know if it's me.. since my sleep patterns fluctuate so often, not sure if this was helpful for you.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to what @kawaiiko mentioned, which is all good, if the tracker loses the heart rate signal during the night, it won't register deep or REM.

The next time it happens, take a look at the screen when you click on that night's rest. It will often tell you if there's a problem and what it is. Mine is usually losing heart rate signal, from wearing it too loosely.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes