Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't receive Sleep Stages

I've been using sleep stages for about five months with no problems. Suddenly sleep stages of disappeared. I am sleeping more than three hours, my battery is fully charged, I'm sleeping in a normal position. There is something wrong with the Fit bit application. There is a bug. Please fix it ASAP.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I agree. Mine is still not working either. I assumed when they said it was resolved, it was! But after waking up a short while ago (I reside in China so may be ahead of most people time-wise), there were still no sleep patterns showing, rather only the length of time I had been asleep. This feature was one of the main reasons I purchased this Fitbit Alta. It was working fine up to about 5 days ago, and I have been doing nothing different from when all was well. Hmm.

Best Answer

Same thing here:

I've had a couple of months with no issues, then no sleep stage for the past week or so.

Firgured it was a system bug so left the FB devs to it, but now it seems broken again.

😎

Best Answer

Called Support yesterday (9/8/2017); they said yes this is a known problem. They will be rolling out a fix soon, but they could not say when. So it is not yet resolved. I would encourage people to keep calling/messaging Fitbit, so they know the extent of the problem. Keeping the priority high.

Best Answer

@Quinnfit wrote:

Called Support yesterday (9/8/2017); they said yes this is a known problem. They will be rolling out a fix soon, but they could not say when. So it is not yet resolved. I would encourage people to keep calling/messaging Fitbit, so they know the extent of the problem. Keeping the priority high.

I lost my sleep stages around the same time.I got them back for a couple days then last night it started again. WHAT A DRAG THAT'
S THE MAIN REASON I UPGRADED TO THE CHARGER 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody,

If you check on the sub-forum for your particular model, there should be a sticky thread by a moderator that describes the issue. If you subscribe to that thread, you'll get an update when the problem is fixed.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, cannot find "sticky thread"(?). Please advise. 

Best Answer

Yes, I can't find that sticker, either. When I click on my make--Alta HR--I get this link. So where am I supposed to go from there? https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Alta-HR/bd-p/altaHR

Best Answer

I get the same problem intermittent sleep stages, two or three nights "Stages" then "Simplified" version. I'm on my third Fitbit (Charge 2 now) & still not resolved. Whenever I complain I get what

essentially is "fobbed off" with different excuses! I need to monitor my sleep for health reasons so when "Stages" appeared I was very happy, now I can't monitor it as I used to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree!
Best Answer
0 Votes

We've completely resolved the issue earlier this month that was causing users to not see Sleep Stages. If anyone still does not see Sleep Stages, I can confirm that it has nothing to do with that temporary outage.

I'd recommend checking this help article to better understand the most common reasons that Sleep Stages might not appear on your account.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello MatthewFIT! Thanks for the update on the sleep stages "temporary outage" issue. However, by the number of comments out here, there are still additional sleep stage problems.

I have had sleep stages for the last week now. Fingers crossed. But today when I edited my sleep log to remove an extraneous two hour segment on the end… all my sleep stages disappeared. I have edited sleep logs before and that has never happened. It is still unstable.

There are definitely problems beyond the 'temporary outage' fix you cited. I have been referred to the article you cited several times… none of the conditions within the article are relevant to the problems I have had. It is beyond that.

Sleep stages worked beautifully/perfectly for about six months after I got my Fitbit. It's a great feature and I realize it's new technology... and it's amazing. It does seem that fixes are being applied, and I am trying to be patient because I love this feature.

However, it would be a lot less frustrating, if Fitbit wouldn't keep claiming that things are "completely resolved"… when they're actually not yet. Just let us know the status, so we know Fitbit is aware and working on it.

Thank you for monitoring the situation and keeping us updated so far.
Best Answer

Yes, as before nothing in that article applies to me, either, and now I am hearing again that things have been resolved so apparently no fix will be coming. People are often asking me what that thing is that I am wearing on my wrist. While I used to heartily recommend it, that will no longer be the case. Indeed, I will be soon looking for a better option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over the last 2 nights I have tried all hints including starting the sleep stage when I went to bed. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. My heart rate stayed constantly on (According to my app this morning) during the night so it wasn't as if it couldn't be read. I want my sleep stages please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have no idea what's wrong or what will fix it. I have tried all the suggestions as well and nothing worked then suddenly I got the stages back.
A few days later I lost them again and last night I had them again. My wife has had a similar experience but currently doesn’t have them.
Best Answer

My sleep stages have been reading for the last few nights. I hope that means it has been resolved now. I hope you and your wife's are working too.  Thanks for your help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help! Sleep is back to classic AGAIN for the last 2 nights. Is anyone else affected or is it just me? 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  I have never gotten sleep stages.  I’m thinking my Blaze is too old.  I’ve had it maybe 3 years.  It shows it couldn’t get a consistent heart rate reading.   Really every night since this feature came out.   I get 5 or y hours of sleep.  Most nights my battery is at least 1/2 charged.  It’s on my wrist the same as it is all day long.  I give up there’s still a glitch in the software.  Maybe I just need a newer device.   My app and blaze are both on the latest versions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I primarily bought the Charge 2 for the sleep graph but only get basic information. I'm so annoyed and feel a bit ripped off. Two friends have the charge 2 and showed me the graph and that's why I bought it! The shop where I bought it won't take any responsibility. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep stages came back this morning after a full four weeks of having standard read-outs. Was just getting ready to hunt for a better device (and maybe still will). Did nothing different. Wore it the exact same way on my wrist; the battery was in the same state it has always been. The sleep stages for the Alta had displayed just fine for the first couple of months, then didn't show at all for a full month, and now for at least one night I got what I wanted. So, yes, it has proven to be a very unreliable device thus far.

Best Answer
0 Votes