Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed With Sleep Tracking Accuracy - Is It Just Pretending?

I woke up today at 6:45am and did my normal morning routine.  At that point in time, I checked my sleep tracker and I was impressed at how accurate it was.  It showed me waking up at 6:45am.  Awesome!

I was playing around on the Dashboard during lunch and I noticed that my sleep time was a lot longer than I had expected.  Apparently, from 7:51am - 8:46am I was SLEEPING.

It's odd because I was awake and doing work during that time.  I absolutely, without a doubt, was awake, but okay.  Fine.  I could understand if the device wasn't fitted properly or something of that nature and it didn't detect motion and assumed I was sleeping.  Cool.  Except that  six minutes and thirty seconds of that time was 'REM' sleep and the rest was 'Light' sleep. 

I can't fathom what criteria it uses to determine these things but it's obviously not working.  Now I'm trying to edit the day that was incorrectly recorded but the website only says, 'If you edit your sleep you will lose sleep data....' but it doesn't really explain if I'll lose the entire day, or all the sleep data, or if I'll only lose the range I'm filtering out?  

Anyway, pretty disappointed.  Has anyone had better experiences?  I'm debating returning and replacing it with a notepad where I write down when I go to sleep and when I wake up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

FYI - reducing the range didn't lose any of the sleep data.  So that's something to be happy about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same thing happen last week.  I have checked my sleep data religiously for the last two plus years and that is the only time it happened.  I was obviously up, walking the dog, going about my normal day when it said I was sleeping for two hours longer after I initially woke up.  I am thinking there was a one time glitch?  I wouldn't return your device and use a note pad.  Like I said, it happened ONCE in over two years of tracking.

I, too, edited and was worried about losing everything.  They need to be more specific on telling us what will be lost if we edit. 

Good luck to you!!  Just my thoughts. . . 

Best Answer
0 Votes