Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you remember your dreams?

I often remember some of the dreams I had that night and when I talk about it I notice it is a rather rare treat. Believe it or not, I dreamt about the Fitbit sleep log last night Smiley LOL . I still remember a dream I had during the holidays between primary school and secondary school; there were planets flying through the kitchen, entering via the window and leaving via the door of the house we lived in at the time.

I wonder if there is anyone else out there who remembers quite a lot of their dreams atleast on the day itself they had them. Most of my dreams I seem to forget after another night of sleep to a few nights. There are just a few that I still remember well.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

YES! You actually just reminded me of one I had ages ago about there being two moons and the other planets in our solar system were so close, you could see every detail! It was like something out of a sci-fi movie.

I usually forget my dreams the next day unless there is something about them that really affected me. For example, I had one about an air raid that still scares the crap out of me, and I had another about having dinner with my grandmother that passed away over 10 years ago.

Best Answer

Fun topic! Yes, I frequently remember my dreams. I also sometimes lucid dream where I can control what happens. I love those, because I always make myself fly in them.

I have a sort of dreamscape that has been with me since I was a kid. It has changed and altered over time, but there are always some similarities and familiar landmarks, plus several recurring people and animals I know fairly well now. There are times that I dream these places and people so vividly that when I first wake up I have a hard time realizing they aren't real. I attribute that to sleep fog, because once I'm up and about, I don't have those doubts.

I think my favorite two places in the 'scape are this sort of outdoor corridor mall where some old men like to play checkers and one-up each other with playful insults and jokes. The shops always have new and different things, and there's a vending machine there I really like. Then the other place is the pig farm. The farmer who works there has a border collie who always runs up to greet me, and the farmer has interesting gossip. Usually in these dreams, I'm driving a carriage. That didn't start until I actually did that as a job for a while. Before that, I was either riding a horse or driving an antique car. I love dreams!

Your planet dream sounds so cool. It's so much fun when they're surreal like that.

Best Answer

I remember most of my dreams, but I think the one that I'll always remember because it was so vivid. Actually, it made me worried about myself for a bit, I had a dream that I had walked into a warehouse for a party and when I got there, everyone had been brutally murdered. Not just like, stabbed or whatnot, like actually cut up into pieces, bit by bit. There was one person who was still alive and all she had left was her head and her torso, bleeding out and she told me they had all been cut up while alive and conscious still. When I woke up I was like "wow what is wrong with me". I also used to have dreams about work, all. the. time.

Best Answer

@Destabilise

That must have been very disturbing to wake up to. Luckily I don't get nightmares all that much anymore since I got a way better hold on my anxiety.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Esya

It definitely threw me off, I think I was only about 17 at the time, too. All day long I couldn't really sit there and look at people in the eye properly even though I knew it was only a dream, but that is life I guess !

Best Answer

@Destabilise

It surely is a good thing that our dreams and thoughts are not written on our forehead 😉 .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I almost never remember my dreams, do I actually dream?  I do and I remember waking up tired and effected by a dream, just almost never remember the dream.  

At a point, I was concerned and have put a pad next to the bed to capture the dreams.  

As I get older, I am less concerned.  I have never sought any professional assistance and have only mentioned it here.  Oh well...

Frederick..helping others have more...
Best Answer

Supposedly, if we enter REM stage, we're dreaming. So, I suppose it's fair to say I remember some dreams. 

I remember once, I fell asleep on a water bed (dating myself) with the heater turned on too high. I dreamed I was a bismark (a donut without the hole) frying in grease. Every 45 seconds, a giant pole would poke me and make me roll over. 

Oddly enough, this dream occurred, I believe, because I was working the opening night at a Dunkin' Donuts in Tallahassee. I must have fried 100 screens of bismarks the night before. 

Lately, most of my dreams are about work - trying to find the "unicorn" for a particular recruiting assignment. (someone with a set of skills so unique, they are believed to not exist. )

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer

@fmcii

Talking to people I feel it is common not to remember your dreams. So no need to worry. I seem to be rare being able to remember 3 dreams some nights.

This week I had an interesting dream. My anxiety decided to kick in and make me worry about something, so I coped to the best of my abilities. I remember dreaming that I was calm/calming myself. It was still not the best night, but by far not the worst I have had due to anxiety. My calming mindset must have carried over into my sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ukase

Dreaming about things that happened during the day is something I have done too. I can relate to that bismarks story.

Best Answer
0 Votes