Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effects of activity on sleep looking for data to support a school research project

Hi,

My son has as a 5th year secondary school research project, chosen to investigate if there is a link between the amount of exercise taken, and the quality of sleep.

I thought I would reach out to this community to see if you would be willing to share anonymously your activity and sleep data.

to have as rich a data pool as possible, I am looking for people who
- have a fitbit device with a Heart Rate monitor
- have routinely worn it to bed to track their sleep patterns in the last calendar month.

No personally identifiable information will be stored as part of the research.

If you would be willing to help, can you please respond here and at martin@carolan.be

Many thanks in advance for your help

Martin Carolan

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

How are you going to access people's data? Wouldn't you need their passwords?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Thanks for the question WavyDavey.  I would send an instruction on how to download last months data from your dashboard, and ask you to mail the CSV file to me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

When does he need the data by?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for responding.

He is still collecting data.   And will finish writing his paper during the year end holidays.

So if you are willing to help – it is still not too late

If you prefer e-mail rather than the community chat you can mail me at martin@carolan.be

I have instructions on how to download the data as a few people were not sure about how to do this.

Thanks again

Martin
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have quite a full 30 days of HR data. I will email to you in a couple weeks. I do know where to download the CSV file. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great - can you ensure it is csv format and not excel

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer