Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling straight to deep sleep

Hi everyone

ive been trying to attach a screen shot but not sure if it’s possible?

I almost always fall immediately into deep sleep without any light, and immediately to sleep on going to bed. I usually wake up after about 1hr 20 for a little while then have a lottle

more deep sleep. After midnight or so I have mainly light with some R.E.M. but no more deep sleep. I’m always exhausted and I’ve read ots

more common to have light sleep when first falling asleep.

can anyone shed any light on this or if it’s a cause for concern? 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@Shrug wrote:

ive been trying to attach a screen shot but not sure if it’s possible? 

It’s definitely possible to attach a screenshot. Just use the Photos icon and point to the image file of the screenshot:

2018-08-03_0943.png

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply I’ve only my iPhone to send it with and the camera icon isn’t giving me the opportunity to go into my photo library. Sorry. Total noob 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve attempted to reply with it to the e mail notification I got if thtat would be of any help 🙈

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like the mobile interface is more limited than the desktop one. Do you have access to a PC or a Mac? When I want to post a screenshot taken on my mobile device, I upload the image file to my Google Drive (you could do the same with iCloud), then download it to my PC, after which I can post it on my PC.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

Here is what snapshots of my own sleep look like (snapshots taken on Android phone, uploaded to Google Drive, downloaded to laptop, posted via Chrome on laptop). This is the upper part:

Screenshot_20180803-110751.png

And this is the lower part:

Screenshot_20180803-110801.png

I believe it is normal to have the bulk of your deep sleep earlier in the night.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer

Thank you that is very interesting to see! 

Best Answer

@Shrug I will fall straight into deep sleep after a couple of days of bad sleep, I think because I'm exhausted.

How do you even access these forums on the mobile app? I've never been able to find a way...

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Allie 

i got into the forums via a google search about the sleep thing. I am always tired I have to admit and quite stressed so maybe that explains it. Sleep is my natural reaction to stress I think to block it out!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shrug If you can find a way to help improve your sleep it might help make your stress levels easier to cope with? 

https://theshawnstevensonmodel.com/sleep-problems-tips/

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

0B39B3DE-AFF3-47CF-8FE2-60A46D776875.jpeg

This was me last night, with a combination of a horrible and painful infection in my leg, horrible selfish noisy neighbours, and other issues. 

Allie
Best Answer

What Fitbit Or sleep app are you using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

What fit bit app are you using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tend to have the same thing. The other weird thing I have is that my heart rate always goes up a lot during this time- the opposite of what’s supposed to happen. I know this isn’t normal, but after hours of googling etc have not found an answer. 

I tend to sleep for 7.5-8hrs, so quite a lot. Any less than that and I still feel like I can’t get up in the morning.

0F782FCC-9FBD-4179-840D-22FB4446223D.png

49E8C68A-4EBB-45C6-A2A4-3ECF80BDDBFB.png

Best Answer

OMG!!!

*cries* I am so relieved to see this post and your screenshots!!! 

I have literally being dealing with the EXACT same thing... my RHR spikes during deep sleep, which happens mostly at the very beginning of my time asleep. After that, it's a struggle to get that RHR below "resting". My RHR is now up to 70 (my usual is the low to mid 60's) and has never been this high for this long. It seems like my HR fluctuates a lot during sleep and I always score poorly on the "restoration" portion of my sleep score because of this. It's not until the weekend--or vacation--when I see my RHR go below resting during sleep. I am so relieved to see I am not the only user with this experience.

I have started getting back on track with the Relax guided breathing app on the Fitbit and the meditations before bed... I hope that paired with changing a few things about my bedroom environment and adding more cardio to my routine I can lower my RHR and get more restorative sleep.

I found this article today, and it also gave some insightful info: https://ouraring.com/blog/heart-rate-during-sleep/

It's not a Fitbit product or article, but it was really insightful as to why I might not be getting that "ideal hammock shape" *insert eye roll*

Best Answer

Me too! I have crazy high RHR duing at least the first half of the night. I also suspect that deep sleep stresses my unconsciousness somehow, because after only 4 minutes I always jump right up to "awake" and stay there for some minutes. Then my body tries to get some more deep sleep, and I jump right back up again. This goes on until maybe 5.00, rendering me exhausted every single morning. In general I'm a very jumpy person, not that I can understand why though.

Best Answer