Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit leaking light at night? Here's your hack.

Hey, all you restless sleepers out there in the Land of Fitbit! Are you getting a flash in the eyeball from those green dots (Charge HR measuring heartbeat), or the wrist motion-generated time? So, make Fitbit a nightie! It's fun and easy.

Here's a sock that had a hole:

fitbit cover sock.png

I cut out the toe and heel, leaving a tube 4-5 inches long for comfort. Here's the result:

fitbit cover over cat.png

Can't resist showing off Mme. Butterfly (see her lip?) ... yes, that's my girl ... yes, that's my girl ...

fitbit cover cat face.png

I tried using the ankle part of the sock also. You can experiment and see what works best for you.

fitbit cover w cuff.png

The cuff is nice, but I preferred the foot part because it was roomier. This is a great way to recycle old socks. No need to hem, and if it frays, make it into a dustcloth. There's always another sock you can use to cut a fresh nightie.

No more light leaks! I hope this is helpful. Now, get a good night's sleep, so you can get your 10K steps tomorrow. And if you like my hack, please vote me up.  

🙂

Louise

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @_Louise_ -- Good idea AND fashionable!  I see a new business on esty in your future 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I want 10 of those kitten cuffs! The cat is included, right? Smiley Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Kitten

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely, cat included!

Color and size of cat may vary.  😉

Best Answer

I'm the unofficial cat lady of my neighborhood, here's the last cutie in my house who found a family. Heart

pericles.jpg

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
Omg!!! The lights! I hate these green lights! This is my first night and it's ALL I see right in front of my face! Why????? It's horrible! I was going to return this tomorrow! If your hack doesn't work it's going back. I wake up from any light glowing on me! I have electrical tape on the smoke detector light even!! Lol
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Ssdavidson! Besides trying @_Louise_'s tip, please know that you can also turn off your PurePulse lights before going to bed. See this guide for assistance. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

HelenaFitbit......If you turn off the Green LED Lights in the evening dosen't it stop from reading your heart rate which will effect your heart rate average and also your sleep activity.  Shouldn't you just take the fitbit off then?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, thank you! and my husband thanks you -a few times he was was facing my wrist and was woken!

Blaze, ChargeHR, Flex
Best Answer

CrzStepper,

I'm glad to hear this was helpful.

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

that's clever

Best Answer
0 Votes