Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sleep Log? Change your settings!

Hi sleepy Community members!

Does your sleep log look something like this?

sleep log restless.png

If you think your log is inaccurate when it shows this much restlessness, you're not alone! A lot of Fitbit users have sleep logs like this, and many times it's due to the fact that Sleep settings are on "Sensitive" mode instead of "Normal" mode. A little about these two modes:

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep.

We strongly suggest that most users use the Normal setting. To change your settings to Normal, follow these steps, or visit our help article!

• To change your setting in the Fitbit iOS app, go to Account Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  • To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any trouble changing this setting or if you have seen a difference in the accuracy of your sleep log after switching!

Best Answer
519 REPLIES 519

Sorry but I'm coming to the conclusion this watch is expensive junk! I'm very unhappy with it's comfort & it's performance!  Would never recommend anyone to purchase one if I could send mine back I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Best Answer

My problem is that on.having to rise at 4.30a.m., sleep tracking stopped tho' I most definitely went back to sleep for several hours. What's going on?

Best Answer

Which watch do you have? I have the Alta Hr. I purchased it last August and
mine works like a charm. I belong to a challenge Fitbit group and by
coincidence all 7 of us have the same model and all of rave how much we
love it. Maybe you have a different model or yours is defective? My Fitbit
changed my life, literally. I hope you get some answers for why yours is
malfunctioning.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Which watch do you have? I have the Alta Hr. I purchased it last August and mine works like a charm. I belong to a challenge Fitbit group and by coincidence all 7 of us have the same model and all of rave how much we love it. Maybe you have a different model or yours is defective? My Fitbit changed my life, literally. I hope you get some answers for why yours is malfunctioning.

Best Answer

I said my Fitbit is on normal setting.  I go to bed around 1030 and my sleep log shows me going to sleep at 3 or 4 in the morning.. why is this?

Best Answer

Mine had similar problems. Once I could find how to reset sleep function from normal to sensitive it cured it. But I have had to do it twice already in about six months. I still find it difficult to locate the settings for sleep sensitivity. Maybe someone can remind me how to find it? It’s lurking in there somewhere! 

Best Answer
For the most part I find the sleep app inaccurate for me. I have sleepissues that take meds for so that may be why. My wife, however gets very accurate sleep records.
Best Answer
Mine was missing a whole chunk again. So I changed sensitivity once again as advised by the Fitbit Help guy. Let’s see how it goes tonight.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I have the Charge 2
Tuner
Best Answer

Me too. I have a Charge 2 with iPhone app

Best Answer
You may be right.. I have horrible insomnia and my SO wore it last night and it correctly logged his sleep.. scary thing is my log might be correct in that I’m only getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night!😟 thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
3-4 per night! You better find out whats up because that is bad for ya. See a SLEEP doctor ASAP. Don't go to a GP and get sleep drugs because they just knock you out and don't give you quality slumber. Although almost anything would be better than 3-4! Could you have sleep apnea? Do ya snore? How many times per night does your Fitbit say you are waking up? I have been through this whole routine and once you get it figured out you won't believe how much better you will feel. I did not know I had apnea until my girlfriend told me I stopped breathing any times per night. Let me know if you have more questions.
Best Answer
Thank u for your concern

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

CPAP_V_FITBITCPAP had pressure adjusted, so I tried it out early.  No CPAP, awake from 18:30 - 19:30 yet BITBIT showed sleep (I was lying in bed reading).  How best to reconcile this type of difference?  Screenshot of both CPAP & FITBIT attached.cpap_v_fitbit

CPAP_V_FITBIT.jpg

Best Answer
You must have been lying very still while you were reading! You could set your Fitbit to sensitive on sleep mode. It will be much more sensitive so if you sleep with a partner it will pick up their movements  and show you are awake.What kind of mask do you have on your CPAP? I have a nasal pillow and it is very comfortable.
Best Answer
This is interesting. I am not sure how this can happen. My fit bit usually doesn’t record my sleep for periods of time even though I am asleep. One thing I read in the tips is that if you are laying on your Fitbit it does not record your sleep. This may be why so many people show nothing on there Fitbit for periods at night.
Best Answer

This is my problem too!  Regardless of what time I go to sleep the charge 2 records me as having only 3 to 4 hours sleep per night.  does anyone have a solution?

Best Answer
Hi. This happens to me irregularly. It is difficult to tell if it is simply a fault in the programming of Charge 2, if it has to do with one’s own wrist anatomy or even the effect a partner in bed might have. Each time I had a result that I knew was inaccurate I changed the sleep sensitivity back to normal or vice versa. For the next weeks ok. Then an inaccurate reading again. These excellent devices are very new and I guess are still somewhat experimental. As they develop I’m sure they’ll iron out this wrinkle. I find it so useful otherwise that I can live with the current problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have noticed most of the inaccurate sleep result complaints are with the
Charge 2s. I have an Alta HR and mine is very accurate. Maybe a flaw in the
design?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
It may be just our problem as I had my SO wear it one night and his log was accurate. ??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer