Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sleep Log? Change your settings!

Hi sleepy Community members!

Does your sleep log look something like this?

sleep log restless.png

If you think your log is inaccurate when it shows this much restlessness, you're not alone! A lot of Fitbit users have sleep logs like this, and many times it's due to the fact that Sleep settings are on "Sensitive" mode instead of "Normal" mode. A little about these two modes:

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep.

We strongly suggest that most users use the Normal setting. To change your settings to Normal, follow these steps, or visit our help article!

• To change your setting in the Fitbit iOS app, go to Account Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  • To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any trouble changing this setting or if you have seen a difference in the accuracy of your sleep log after switching!

Best Answer
519 REPLIES 519

one more thing you can do is that take a cold shower before going to bed. That will help you a lot

Best Answer

----------------------------------------

Best Answer
I think Fitbit needs to obviously correct their app. I don’t think there is anything anyone besides Fitbit that can fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Bahaha! Why should you have to do anything out of your norm to make the app work. Fitbit is a glorified pedometer.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I don’t think it will help the fitbit keep an accurate log though.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I actually DO have a sleep disorder, Narcolepsy. I got my Charge 2, in part, to help me see how my daytime activities affect my sleep quality and the prevalence and intensity of my symptoms.

My issue is, when I nod off at my desk for 10 minutes into REM sleep, it is not detecting these "naps". Is there a minimum criteria that has to be met for the fitbit to actually consider any given period, with a changed heart rate and minimal movement, to in fact be sleep versus just inactivity? Can I adjust those settings?

If my heart rate slows all of a sudden and I stop moving, I fell asleep. Now I just need the fitbit to recognize those sleep periods. 

Best Answer

----------------------------------------

Best Answer
I agree
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know you have to be asleep for a period of time b4 fitbit records, but not sure how long. I think you can check on the sleep info on line at the Fitbit help.
Best Answer

Absolute expensive garbage.

Just got back from 2 mile morning walk.

According the Versa I slept through it. 
(EDIT)
I will also add that I put the Versa in "Exercise > Walk" mode.
I mean.... Jeeez - EXPLAIN THAT!!!

Never again will I buy a fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.
That’s what I call Sleep Walking.
Tuner
Best Answer
Makes me glad that mine was a cast off

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has not logged my sleep correctly at all.  I just bought it this summer and am almost ready to take it back to the store.  I never had these problems with my Alta HR.

My firmware is up to date. My sleep sensitivity is set to Normal. I clean the underside daily.

This is truly aggravating! Cat Mad

Is there a true fix for the problem???

Or are we just supposed to wait until Fitbit gets around to pushing out an update for this issue/problem?

Best Answer

Hi. I noticed your comment about the sleep test, cpap, etc. and wanted to suggest you try the Dreamstation and Dreamwear Nasal Mask or Dreamwear Full Face Mask. The machine is totally quiet. You literally cannot tell it's running by sound. And I use the Full Face Mask but it only covers your mouth and gently snugs underneath your nose. It's very light and comfortable. They are the best products I've ever used for cpap. If you do have Sleep Apnea and need a cpap and don't use it, it will eventually adversely affect your heart and will lead to strokes or heart attacks. I had SVT and it went away once I was sleeping with the cpap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I have mine on Normal it showed I would sleep 7 hours a night. I laughed at this because I know I do not get that much sleep. I often wake in the night and I will lay there and then ask Alexa what time it is to make sure I didn't over sleep. I can check my Alexa log and see I've asked her for the time at least 4-5 times a night and Fitbit shows I am asleep. I have also gotten up to go to the bathroom and it does not show that I am awake. 

I can get steps just by sitting at my desk. However, it does not register the steps when I get up to go the the bathroom? 

It is now set to sensitive. 

Last night it showed I got about 3hrs 26 minutes sleep which is about right for how I feel. However, the sleep stages has now disappeared so I can't see the stages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why are some nights logged in sleep 'pattern' and others in sleep 'stages'? I haven't changed any settings.

I also don't like that it thinks I'm sleeping while lying awake in bed in the morning... makes me wonder how accurate the entire sleep time really is. I'm on day 3 of using fitbit, and walk stairs regularly,  but it never tracks/logs them.  Sometimes moving around in bed adds to my step count. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I quit trying to figure it out and got an Apple Watch. It is so much more accurate.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just considering the same thing. Have 30 days to return the fitbit and trade up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Return Fitbit and get an Apple Watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't showing sleep stages now either... it's useless to me just telling me how long I slept and when I woke up.  Worthless (expensive) gadget.

Best Answer
0 Votes