Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to download sleep data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to download sleep data? I would like to keep track of it from year to year.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

export.JPGYou can export your sleep data. Go to your profile (click on the icon of your pic in the upper right corner), select My profile, then click on 'Go to Fitbit.com profile' (this is next to your profile picture at the top center. Now, click on View account settings in the upper right corner. You will be taken to a Personal information page and there is a left navigation. Under setting, you should see a Data expert menu, select it to be taken the Export your data page, From there, you can select the data you want to export, sleep being one of the options, now you can export/download your data to a spreadsheet. Hope that helps!

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

As of sometime in about the second week of November 2018, this path to XLS and CSV files is no longer working. Clicking on Export Data only launches the window to download files via email which are json files.

Did I flip a setting? Is this currently down? Permanently removed? Any help appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I have the same problem. When I go to export data it just says 'download' and does not give me any  options especially file format. When I open the Downloaded data file there are files in there with the following ext. .json - when I open them in Excel - there is info that makes no sense to me.

Please All I want to do is download my sleep stats and graphs so I am able to keep see them in excel or any other programme. I am needing the data for a school project.

I use iphones and an iMac

Thanks

Cheers

Belinda

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

There was a change to the data export tool back in November 2018, however the old version is still available.  At the top of the data export screen you should see "If you would like to use the old data export tool click here".  This will bring you to the one mentioned earlier in this thread.

Best Answer

Great thanks - I tried that link a few times and nothing happened but I just tried it again after downloading the data and it worked. Phew thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't even get started - no icon with my pic, no gear icon

Best Answer
0 Votes