Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes restless often 200-300 a night... Help!

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if you guys have any insight at all.

I have been having nightmares regularly for over 10 years. The nightmares have been progressing to bad dreams since I've been on medication. My doctor even had me checked for sleep apnea by sending me home with a pulse oximeter to use during sleep: I don't have sleep apnea. I am also on a second medication that helps with my nightmares and my nightmares aren't as bad anymore. If my dreams are bad, they are usually just bad dreams and not in the nightmare territory and most of the time they are just vivid dreams. However, I wake up exhausted every morning and since I started wearing my Flex 2 to sleep since I got it in February, my sleep stats are showing 200-300 minutes of restlessness a night. I don't have trouble falling asleep at all--usually when my head hits the pillow, I'm asleep quite quickly. I do nap for 1-2 hours on occasion.

Does anyone have any tips or insight? I'm desperate for some good sleep!

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

A while ago I used to sleep poorly and had nightmares on a regular basis due to my anxiety. I never tried meditation myself before bed, but it might be something to try for you before going to sleep. For me things improved a lot with yoga (you could also do 5 mins of yoga before bed). Try to have as little input for your brain as possible quite some time before bed so it is not active/hyper while asleep. Do you have a routine for going to bed? If you do that it becomes a signal for your brain that it can start to calm down. I mostly had nightmares after an intense day and my brain being active on the subconscious level. Meditation can help you process that before going to sleep. This can be a hard one to tackle, so be patient with yourself. These are just a few ideas based on what I remember from my own experience, hope it helps.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, the meditation suggestion comes at a great time! I just received my new Charge 2 today and will try the guided breathing feature before bed to help calm down and perhaps add to the bedtime routine. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes