Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTSD

I have PTSD.  I can keep contious control of it during the day, but at night i can't.  i am vary restless, and i move around a lot.  Does anyone have any good suggestions about how i can deal with this?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Military1428I wish I knew what to tell you. Do you wake up feeling as though you've wrestled the night away or do you feel somewhat refreshed?

When I had my device on sensitive, it recorded every movement. Once I put it to normal, there wasn't as many restless or awake parts of my sleep.

Here is a thread by someone who also has PTSD. click  You might want to get with them on what they do.

Welcome to the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

Mate i have PTSD too. I find grounding excercises when dreams happen and if needed doing a new activity to calm me down helps. I also medite using the Headspace app daily and do yoga 1-2 times aday. I also try to do a relaxing yoga before bed. I have recently included napping which is helping me greatly. I hope my experiance provides ideas for you.

VBNH
Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant find how to change my sleep sensitivie?

VBNH
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vic007luvl   go to the bottom portion of this page - click - and you'll see the sleep settings

Welcome to the community.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

Thanj

@Odyssey13 wrote:

@Vic007luvl   go to the bottom portion of this page - click - and you'll see the sleep settings

Welcome to the community.

Thanks

VBNH
Best Answer

Have you talked to your doctor about this? S/he might be able to give you something that will help you sleep at night. If you'd rather go the drug-free route, perhaps some aromatherapy before bed. (I bought a mix that I put on my wrists, chest, and temples before sleep.) There are also a lot of guided meditation apps that might help you relax. Or maybe you could do a few yoga stretches to help you relax.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's horrible I know, and lack of sleep makes it harder to manage during the day too.  I muddle through with my structured bedtime routine of bath, meditation / relaxation, and hope for as much sleep as possible.

Allie
Best Answer