Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please show me your sleep pattern (both good and poor sleepers)

I got my Fitbit Surge 6 days ago. I set it to sensitive. The sleep pattern confirmed mine, and my husband's suspicions, that I have very poor sleep. Sleep efficiency 61%, and cycle length (also confirmed with a different mobile app) is only 60 mins not the usual 90 mins. I 'need' about 10-11 hours sleep to feel half-way decent. With 10 hrs sleep I get about 6 hrs. With 8-9 hrs sleep (my usual weekday allowance) I get about 5 hrs. My husband always complains that my restless sleep causes him lost sleep too 😞 (I say to him imagine how I feel!). I am usually fatigued all day and have trouble getting up in the morning and am struggling to maintain work function. I'm glad I got my Fitbit so I have proof of what is happening.

I was tested for sleep apnoea some years ago and had borderline/mild apnoea. I lost 70 lbs (30 kg) and then got retested and the apnoea had disappeared (good because I didn't tolerate the CPAP at all).

I would like to know what a 'normal' sleep pattern looks like and what another poor sleeper looks like so I can show my GP and get referred. Is there a specific kind of sleep study she can request other than for sleep apnoea?

I have added 2 screenshots of my usual sleep pattern, if some of you could add yours with a brief comment on if you sleep well or not, that would help me gather evidence for my GP appointment. TIA.

Tuesday sleep Quickviews shows sleep pattern.jpg

sleep.jpg

Best Answer
250 REPLIES 250

Hi there,

I'm a new user of a Fitbit Charge 2 and would appreciate some help in interpreting my sleep pattern.

I don't sleep well due to a dry mouth condition which is caused by a permanently blocked nose.

Here is last nights sleep graph.Sleep01.JPG

Can anyone please tell me if this is a good or bad nights sleep. I don't really understand what "Restless" sleep means, but this a fairly typical nights sleep for me. Thanks for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Install SnoreLab app on your Smartphone first 3 uses free . Can be used
weekly for free Lifetime purchase $7.00. Can show your doctor your
SnoreLab and Fitbit results
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mpharr2 wrote:
Install SnoreLab app on your Smartphone first 3 uses free . Can be used
weekly for free Lifetime purchase $7.00. Can show your doctor your
SnoreLab and Fitbit results

I'm  not a snorer.  

How would this app help me understand restless  sleep?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not an expert on it but my interpretation is that your sleep is pretty disturbed. Here's a week of mine. My fitbit is set to normal sensitivity. I do sleep light at times but I find that if im fit and not stressed i sleep well. I can highly recommend magnesium tablets which help me when i have a period of light sleeping.Sleep Record 02.png

Best Answer
YES! My sleep Dr recommended the Magnesium also. Thanks for that. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my charge 2 sensitivity setting to normal and the sleep  graph looks a lot more like the nights sleep I  thought I was getting.

I think I'll  leave it at that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Garelaos

If you are getting low 90s on normal settings, I am curious to see the same week on sensitive. You can change them after the fact and re-share that week. My goals are to get my percentage to hold in the low 80s on sensitive which is upper 90s on normal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 21.03.55.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

While my pattern looks much like 111mastermind I'm only showing ~3 hours sleep for every 7.5 in bed. While I don't tolerate the CPAP either I find that a low dose benadryl before bed along with 30min of light reading helps. I'm hoping that getting the weight back off will improve my sleep more. Time with the FitBit will tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The benedryl really does help. Try meditation! It helps a lot. And exercise, that helps the most.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This looks similar to mine.

On normal setting I was getting 80-low 90's, someone mentioned on here to try the sensitive so I did. That marks me as low 30's - 41% maximum!

I don't feel horribly exhausted, but I never feel great, wondering if it's worth checking up. I'll continue with it for a week or so then see what it is like.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you never feel great, get it checked out, there is a lot that can be done to increase your quality of sleep.

Retired disabled, Charge5, Android, Win 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Upgrades  coming that will collect  several different  levels of sleep including REM.

Annual physical  suggestion,  provide your Doctor  your FitBit  Sleep  metrics 

Suggestion

Don't  wear your  Fitbit  to loose.

Best Answer

Wow!  I can only dream of sleeping like you do!  Curious how old you are?  I used to sleep great...until I hid menopause.  I literally have not been able to sleep through the night since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

sleep me.pngSleepmefitbit.pngThose are my stats, the top one is since the weekend and second one up until Friday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check  the  Fitbit band does not  move when twisted .

If sleep period can be changed  to begin one  hour sooner.  Could try taking  5m Melatonin 1hr 45 minutes  prior to the new bedtime

30 mils  Zquil or Unisom should also increase sleep 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a sleep Dr. Falling asleep is not my problem. I wake after 4 hrs and then it's tough to go back. She has me taking ativan when I wake up. As far as the fitbit accuracy on sesitive mode, I just don't buy it. The idea that if it shows too much awake time on sensitive just change it to normal has yet to explained to my satisfaction, by fitbit or anyone else.
Best Answer

It seems like the updates for stages has reduced the amount of detail that is available and removed the option to switch between sensitive and normal sensitivity levels at the individual day level. I hope I am missing something. I can't even see what percentage of my sleep was sound versus restless. Very disappointed with this update so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm looking forwards to having the full "sleep stages" details available in the app. they look a lot more usefull that what I am seeing at the moment. From the sounds of it sleep stages are being rolled back to make way for a new roll out. fingers crossed it's soon, this is why I bought by charge 2.

I'm surrering from terrible dreams at the moment. I woke up this morning with my heart rate topping 115 bpm in my sleep! I was having dreams all night and I know I was very restless so I was surprised to see that I hit my best sleep percentage of the week. I didn't realize there were two different settings for the sleep tracker so I have now switched mine from normal to sensitive to see what happens with that. 

https://thetravellingbat.wordpress.com/
Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, am very interested to see the sleep stages. I had a co-worker that got it early and it looked much more informative than the basic restless/awake marks. I have very distinct periods, which i assume are sleep phases. But since I am not waking up as restfully as I would like, I need to get to the bottom of the problem.Only getting 5 hours of sleep when I "sleeping" for eight is exhausting. 

I just ordered a new bed, so hopefully this weekend will start to bring me some relief. 

Best Answer
0 Votes