Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please show me your sleep pattern (both good and poor sleepers)

I got my Fitbit Surge 6 days ago. I set it to sensitive. The sleep pattern confirmed mine, and my husband's suspicions, that I have very poor sleep. Sleep efficiency 61%, and cycle length (also confirmed with a different mobile app) is only 60 mins not the usual 90 mins. I 'need' about 10-11 hours sleep to feel half-way decent. With 10 hrs sleep I get about 6 hrs. With 8-9 hrs sleep (my usual weekday allowance) I get about 5 hrs. My husband always complains that my restless sleep causes him lost sleep too 😞 (I say to him imagine how I feel!). I am usually fatigued all day and have trouble getting up in the morning and am struggling to maintain work function. I'm glad I got my Fitbit so I have proof of what is happening.

I was tested for sleep apnoea some years ago and had borderline/mild apnoea. I lost 70 lbs (30 kg) and then got retested and the apnoea had disappeared (good because I didn't tolerate the CPAP at all).

I would like to know what a 'normal' sleep pattern looks like and what another poor sleeper looks like so I can show my GP and get referred. Is there a specific kind of sleep study she can request other than for sleep apnoea?

I have added 2 screenshots of my usual sleep pattern, if some of you could add yours with a brief comment on if you sleep well or not, that would help me gather evidence for my GP appointment. TIA.

Tuesday sleep Quickviews shows sleep pattern.jpg

sleep.jpg

Best Answer
250 REPLIES 250

Why not try adding SnoreLab app to your SmartPhone. Free for 3 uses - then cannot use it 2 nights in a row. Upgrade costs $7.00 

Compare SnoreLab app results to your Fitbit awaking results. Could be sleep apnea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Untitled1.png 
I have mine set to sensative as well, this was my reading last night, and it was worse the night before. I've had this fitbit for 2.5 days now and it's making me worried that my sleep habits...aren't working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the Sensitive mode active in my account and this is my sleep pattern for the past week:

Sleep pattern.png

@Sencorra I don't have a schedule to go to sleep every day so far but I've found some tips in this thread, maybe you would like to take a look and share your ideas too.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here are mine for the past few days. I have to say I don't have an specific schedule, but I try to go to sleep at 8 or 9 pm every day, even if it's sometimes hard because of school. Smiley Sad

Sleep Pattern.PNG

@Sencorra You can try changing the sensitivity of the tracker if you are the type of person that moves a lot in their sleep, just like me. I remember I used to have it in sensitive and I got similar graphics every morning, even though I knew I was getting enough rest. Also, the post my friend @MarlenS shared is really good. You should check it out! 

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

is this 

is this with your fitbit on sensitive???

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's my sleep log; I'm a very bad sleeper; no wonder why I find myself reaching out for another cup of coffee. Smiley Sad

Capture.PNG

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that with your setting at sensitive or normal?

I felt like the normal setting doesn't tell me much because it looks like I am a sound sleeper. But I continue to wake up too soon and still tired. So, I use the Sensitive setting. It clear shows I move around a lot at night. You can see how the setting impacts the results below. Screenshot_2016-12-09-12-02-08.png

Best Answer

IMG_2946.PNG

IMG_2947.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. You are amazing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Urbanmoon,

Im really sorry as Im new to this. What do you mean when you say amazing? I honestly thought my sleep pattern was bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jamz111 You are right, I think my post didn't go where I thought it was going since I am not seeing the comment I remember. Please disregard and I hope you get better sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have a nice pattern

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow Sweet! What are you like 10 years old?

I think I remember those days..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not bad!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How  do I copy/paste a full weeks Sleep Pattern?

I am average  7.15  hrs  sleep per night, wake-up 1-2 times pernight

Consume  30mils of Unisom Night Time Sleep-Aid nightly

Use Snore Lab  app on my Smart Phone weekly to confirm  snoreing  levels and  settings on my HR  are correct.  ie  Snoring loudest just before wake-up

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm the same with sleep only have 71% and wake nearly every hour, to catch up i sleep for an hour or two in the afternoon when I finish work. Been like this for the last three years and being active in the day hasn't really helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

45%.JPG

I am currently about 65 lbs overweight (Down from 75lbs, so that is something!) and I have always been a horrible sleeper. I toss, kick, aligator death roll, have a hard time shutting my mind off before sleep, wake myself up from snoring too loud...all of it. I also Have a long commute so even though I should go to bed early, I don't because I get home and want to do so many things that it is 12am before I know it.

I was just tested for sleep apneoa and I have a mild/moderate case as well. I am trying to lose weight to get rid of this 45% sleeping effiency too. I would use a cPAP, but with being such a "violent" sleeper, I am afraid I would just break it in the middle of the night.

There is a silver lining hower. I am a novice to healthy living, so to speak, but one hour of excercise a day seems to tucker me out enough to where my sleep is more meaningful. The loss of 10lbs seems to have helped as well. I still practice kung fu in my sleep apparently, but I find it wakes me up less and less. The photo above is from 2 weeks ago and was typcial of my sleep patterns. The last few days I have gotten 65% sleep effeciency.

Good luck with finding the proper diagnosis. I truly sympathize with needing 10 hours of sleep to feel rested at all. It is hell.

Best Answer

This is my Stat for last night using normal mode : 

sleep01.png

sleep02.png

tonight i'm gonna test it again using sensitive mode and will update on this post

Best Answer

@D00mDuchess Thanks for taking the time to share your story. Happy to hear that the weight loss and exercise have helped improve your sleep patterns. Keep up the good work and again, thank you for sharing your story.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

and here is the update as i promised , 

last night using sensitive mode , and guess what , it seems that i had bad sleep habit 

check this out

sleep03.pngsleep04.png

and i don't think the sensitive mode is nearly accurate though, i think the normal mode is more accurate when compared to other brand trackers, and the funny fact is now I'm Fresh and got the energy to face the day !

And for people that got more than 8 hours to sleep and still ain't gettin freshed or having no energy to face all the day , i recommend you go check your Blood Sugar Level for the last 3 month ( Hba1c ) just to be sure .

Because as experienced by my best friend , he's sleeping for more than 8 hours/day , but still got lazy and no energy, and guess what , when he checked his blood sugar level , he's positive Diabetes Type 2 

Best Answer