Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REM sleep and deep sleep

Hi! I have been happily wearing my Charge 2 since May of this year. Seems like I am sleeping enough but consistently only getting like 1-1,5 hours of REM sleep and similar amount of deep sleep. According to the fitbit article on sleep stages I need more. I am wondering if this is unusual, if I should do something about this or if this could have anything to do with how my Charge 2 tracks me. Any ideas are welcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Not everyone is the same and I am not sure in which ways the tracker can be off. If you feel rested, I would not worry about it. If you are looking to see if you can change it then it would be best to look at how active you are throughout the day as well as your wind down ritual before bed. Meditation before sleep can have an impact on deep sleep and REM for example.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

The article from the Fitbit blog is an average of all Fitbit users.

The benchmark tab in the sleep section of the app is a little better, as it takes your age and gender into account.

But like @Esya said, the most important piece of information is how you feel. I've had very intense workouts the day after getting only 30 minutes deep sleep. So it's not a precise indicator.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes