Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restless 30-45 x / night

I've been monitoring my sleep since I've gotton my Fitbit about 1 1/2 months ago, and it says I've been reslesss around 30-45x / night and awake 3-8x/ night, losing around 2 hours of sleep per night. I've checked the sensitivity and it is set on normal. Even before I got my fitbit, I've always been tired during the days, needing at least one nap and having to got to bed early each night. I've cut out all caffeine out of my diet to see if that would help, and nothing!

Does this mean anything??

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

i had a problem a few years ago where i would fall asleep doing anything and wake up feeling like i was drugged. had a sleep study which found nothing much but was diagnosed with narcolepsy, then "idiopathic hypersomnolescence" which is a BS made up term. Transpires i have no issues but am allergic to soya which would knock me out and wipe me out for 3 days.

the medics couldnt understand cos i fall asleep easily and wake with difficulty.. SO i go the fitbit to see what my sleep is like. i tell people i sleep in a coma.. i fall asleep in minutes- 3-5, but have found i am restless and only get 3ish hours sleep of the 7 i am in bed.

looking to improve that naturally, but have also got some melatonin on order because i have seen the sleep pattern of a friend who takes it..

what are the normal % for sleep depth and patterns? is there an image of an ideal sleep pattern?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same, The most sleep I've got in the past week is 5 hours 17 minutes, and Im'm a healthy 15 year old boy who doesn't drink coffe or smoke. Normally "sleeping" for atleast 7 hours solid without waking up but usually reading about 4.5 hours.

Best Answer

Hey there -- I'm not a certified sleep expert or anything but my family owns a mattress factory store (we build and sell mattress locally) and sleep is kind of our business.

I have a few questions for you about the environment in which you sleep. Sleep conditions really have a huge affect on how much sleep you get and the quality of sleep.

• How old is your mattress? If it is 8-10 years old then you should thinking about getting a new one, even if you don't feel that your current mattress is uncomfortable. I would recommend looking for a double-sided mattress so you'll be able to flip it which will make it feel better for longer.
  • When was the last time you flipped or rotated your mattress? Mattresses need to be flipped (if it is double-sided) or rotated from head to foot (if single-sided) in order to slow down the wearing out process. Rotating/Flipping the mattress will feel refreshing because you are sleeping on a side that hasn't been used in awhile
  • When was the last time you tried a different pillow? Is your pillow worn out? Is it too soft or too firm? If you do end up buying a new mattress, sleep experts say that within 10 days after purchasing a new sleep system most people will buy a new pillow as well. 
  • When was the last time you changed the layout of your room? I just learned recently that the orientation of your bedroom can have a huge impact on your sleep. For my best night sleep I need to be facing south. I also can't have too many items in my room, I like a big empty room where I only go to sleep. Everyone is different so maybe experiement a little with this.
  • Is the room too warm or too cold? Temperatures need to be lower in order to sleep well for most people but a room that is too cold is difficult to sleep in and can actually cause tension. 

These are just a few things off the top of my head right now. Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

-Emily

Best Answer
0 Votes

Emily,

Thanks for the ideas, new mattress, yep, cooler room, um...sort of with the hot summer weather we need to run the A/C which drives me crazy noise wise. Pillow seems to work fine....just can't my brain and body to get together. Over 10,000 steps helps sometimes. Someday...

Best Answer
0 Votes