Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Sleep Data With Friends

I have read this forum for about an hour now looking for the answer to why I am not able to share my sleep data with  my friend.  I have checked my private settings for sharing sleep data, and I actually changed it from "friends" to "public" in hopes that my friend and I can share our sleep data.

On his page, I only see "30-day graph."  I do not see how he slept last night.  He cannot see how I slept last night.

He purchased the Charge 2 yesterday.  I have the Alta HR.  

Please do not ask me to search this forum for a solution because I have already spent 1 hour searching.  Can somebody please give me the answer?

Again, our privacy settings are public for sleep.  Please help.  TIA! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

There is a way to do this, but you'll have to manually do it every morning.

Click on the detailed stats for last night. At the top of your screen you'll see an option to share. You can either post the results on your FitBit profile, which everyone can see, or take a screen shot of the data so you can send the photo through texting/email.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DCJAM, I can see your sleep data fine on your fitbit profile.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been very frustrating for me and my friends as well.  No matter what we do our sleep data does not automatically share with each other.  We loved Jawbone UP bands for that feature but Jawbone is basically out of business.  Wish Fitbit would work this feature out!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you log into the desktop Fitbit Dashboard, go to Privacy Settings, scroll down to the bottom where you'll see the Sleep Data line.  If the icon is a LOCK, change it to the FRIENDS icon (2 people).  That should share the sleep data with only friends on your lists and not to the public.

Best Answer

Thanks but my friends and I have our privacy setting for sleep set to the friends Icon.

We double checked it again and we still cannot see each other's data.  

Just does not work for us.  Its a mystery... 

Best Answer

Same problem here - privacy settings set to share sleep data for both me and GF. But we can't access eachothers sleep data. Annoying. 

Best Answer

It is very frustrating!   With Jawbone it worked perfectly but since they went out of business several of us switched to FitBit which is a better product so it sucks that this feature does not work.  You would think they could master this feature but so far no luck.  

Best Answer

Same issue. Also there should be a "family" privacy setting...

Best Answer

Same Problem here. We created a Family and changed the Permissions. 

But found no way to see other Family Members Sleep Graph.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree! I want to share my sleep stats with my partner, not with everyone I have friended in Fitbit!! Having ‘friends’ is the only way to set up challenges but it doesn’t mean I want all my personal days available to all of them. Fitbit should allow you to share specific things with specific friends

Best Answer

Me too!  Have no idea why they will not let us share sleep data with whomever we select.  I used to have the UP24 and it allowed it with out any issues and Fitbit is for more superior so just does not make sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes