Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick and healthy sleep pattern

ANSWERED

Im extra tired due to my foot infection i know sleep is the best action of combat against an infection but I have only just achieved a healthy sleep routine and pattern after months of hard work and i am concerned about messing it up. Any advice.

VBNH
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

if you are extra tired, its your body telling you its not getting enough rest. You don't necessarily have to sleep. just laying with your eyes closed and your mind shut off (or as close as you can come) for a half hour could restore you a bit so you feel more rested. I completely understand about not rocking the sleep boat- if I take a nap, I will go to bed later than my optimal bed time for falling asleep quickly (staying asleep is something else entirely). So on days I feel like I just need to rest- I set the timer for 30 minutes and just lay quietly.. it really does help.

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Vic007luvlif you are tired because of illness, you need more rest, so try to get to bed earlier. I realize this will deviate from your current pattern, but getting more rest is key to recovery. Pick an earlier time to go to bed and stick with the time you are accustom to waking up. Get good rest and feel better! 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

@MarciM i attempted that and i just wake up almost 7hrs after i went to bed like clock work Smiley Mad

VBNH
Best Answer
0 Votes

if you are extra tired, its your body telling you its not getting enough rest. You don't necessarily have to sleep. just laying with your eyes closed and your mind shut off (or as close as you can come) for a half hour could restore you a bit so you feel more rested. I completely understand about not rocking the sleep boat- if I take a nap, I will go to bed later than my optimal bed time for falling asleep quickly (staying asleep is something else entirely). So on days I feel like I just need to rest- I set the timer for 30 minutes and just lay quietly.. it really does help.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

@emili thanks that helps i go for a rest eithor 1-2pm for 20-45min on a regular basis minus today, to get my 7hrs sleep goal as i hope to train my body to get more actual sleep.

The advice of shutting eyes for 30min is awesome ty.

VBNH
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I had a louse sleep I lost 130min of sleep.

VBNH
Best Answer
0 Votes