Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock

The fitbit one tracks sleep and has an alarm. Why not incorporate the two and provide functionality like that of the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock where it will wake you during 'light' sleep??? 

I'm always looking for ways to consolidate gadgets!!

Thanks!

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Completley agree, I purhcased the Jawbone up for that reason, coulnd not stand the design. LOVE my fitbit, but miss the Alarm sleep cycle, with the fitbit I dont wake up like I did to the Jawbone, I dont even wake up to it most of the time, and with the UP I always woke up feeling fantastic! 

Best Answer

+1

I really hope fitbit will implement this and just like the OP says, the fuctionality is already in there...you just need to combine the alarm clock and the sleep tracker.

Please consider implementing this in a near feature.

Best Answer

I agree.

I've downloaded and used Sleep Cycle alarm clock from the App Store, and yes, it does work very well. I just don't like the fact that I'm sleeping on my phone (which you are told to place under your pillow), that's plugged into the charger, that eventually overcharges the phone. (I usually don't charge my phone overnight.)

It just doesn't feel right, so I've stopped using that app. 

I'd love that feature to come to fitbit.

Best Answer

Oh good lord!  I use Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock for the android along with my Fitbit Flex and I don't sleep with my phone on my bed because I'm afraid that the phone would end up creating a fire hazard.  I have a Samsung S3 and I have seen pictures of these phones once they've overheated.  Not willing to chance it personally.  I have a shelf right by my bed that I put the phone on to charge the phone and I'll run the app while I'm sleeping and the phone is charging.  The app is definitely accurate in tracking my sleep.  The Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock is just as accurate as the Fitbit app in tracking my sleep.  Data has been the same for each app within a minute or two.

Just putting in my two cents here.  Take it for what it's worth.

Cindy

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI,

does Sleep Cycle app works with Fitbit Flex so I could use phone alarm to weak me up during proper sleep cycle?

thank you

Best Answer
At first I loved that app. Now I'm not so sure. I have a tendency to wake up before my alarm. The problem is I am not really awake. I'm kind of restless. The app has stopped trying to wake me up early. It thinks it can wait until my wake up time to start going off.

Kristina | Ohio

Charge HR, One – Windows 7, iPhone 5

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jelenski wrote:

HI,

does Sleep Cycle app works with Fitbit Flex so I could use phone alarm to weak me up during proper sleep cycle?

thank you

The sleep cycle app works independently from all Fitbit products. They do not even talk to each other.

Kristina | Ohio

Charge HR, One – Windows 7, iPhone 5

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
@cindylike24

The Sleep Cycle app won't work if it's on a shelf near you as it won't detect movement. All it would detect is the time tou turned it on/off to indicate length of sleep time.
Best Answer

@AdamPow wrote:
@cindylike24

The Sleep Cycle app won't work if it's on a shelf near you as it won't detect movement. All it would detect is the time tou turned it on/off to indicate length of sleep time.

I beg to differ with you @AdamPow because my phone sits on a shelf that's up above my head off to one side.  I refuse to put the phone on my bed because if it gets under my pillows, the phone will overheat and cause some more problems that I don't want to deal with.  I finally got a phone that I absolutely love and don't want to do anything that will cause it to stop working on me.  It does detect when I'm asleep and when I'm awake pretty accuately when it's sitting on my shelf. I've compared the results from my app and from my Fitbit Flex and there's not that much of a difference between the two readings at all.

In fact, if I have one setting activated on it, the app will record when I'm snoring too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

http://www.sleepcycle.com/howitworks.html

We have digressed. I only mentioned SleepCycle Alarm Clock as an example of functionality I'd like to see in the FitBit.

Best Answer

Hrm.. created a duplicate with no way to delete. Interesting... Oh, well. Just ignore this message! LOL 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok.  I was just letting people know about my experience with the app.  Didn't expect people to get so worked up over the fact that I put my phone with that app running on my shelf which is right above and over to one side of my bed instead of on my bed.  I've seen one too many pictures of phones that ended up burning up because of  not being able to get air to the battery overnight.

I've got a really nice Motorola X cell phone now that I don't want to have anything like that happen to.  When I switch phone providers in a few months, I plan on taking this phone with me to the new carrier (whatever one I decide to go to).  I use the app as a backup to my Fitbit Flex.  

People really need to look at the last line of my original post which I'm going to put at the bottom of this post.

Just putting in my two cents here.  Take it for what it's worth.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@cindylike24

I didn't mean to come across as confrontatonal. Part of the problem with written language vs verbal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
And I do agree with the main point of this thread.....fitbit could benefit from some of Sleep Cycles features.
Best Answer
Yes! I came to the forums purely to see if this -or something similar- had been discussed.

I wish I could set my Fitbit to 8 hours of sleep, and that it would wake me up during the first light sleep period AFTER those 8 hours had been met.
Best Answer

Do we ever see replies from Fitbit staff here? This thread has been open a long time. No official reply? Whats the point in discussing if they dont address any concerns or feature requests? 😞

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone know how to increase the silent alarm duration? I have an Charge HR and the alarm vibrates for two cycles which last about 6 seconds and does not wake me up. The alarm should go off until you shut it off.

Also off topic but how can I have 160 steps for the day when I haven't even gotten out of bed yet? Very disapointing device.

Best Answer

I completely agree. That is why I don't really bother with the fitbit sleep section. I still wear it to bed, but I relay on the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock for a better idea of how to improve my sleep qulity. Honestly I was REALLY disapointed with sleep tracking that Fitbit does. I am glad that it is not the main feature of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes