Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock

The fitbit one tracks sleep and has an alarm. Why not incorporate the two and provide functionality like that of the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock where it will wake you during 'light' sleep??? 

I'm always looking for ways to consolidate gadgets!!

Thanks!

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Agreed. I wish it vibrated harder, and didn't turn off until I told it to turn off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cindylike24 and @AdamPow

Adam's right, I can't see how it's going to track ANY of your movements if it's not ON the mattress.

I use the app with my S4, and it's never gotten hot, it's actually programmed to not use hardly any battery, so it's less warm than when I'm sitting and playing games with it.  Bursting into flames is just not in the realm of possibility.

I DO wish the Fitbit would do like that Sleep Better app (and others) does, and know when you're in light sleep and wake you then.  It's SOOOO MUCH NICER to wake when in those times than if you're in a REM cycle.  Also, the apps I've used, including the one I usually use (Sleep Better) calls it "REM" and "light sleep" whereas the Fitbit calls it "sleep" and "restlessness" which is kinda irritating because it doesn't count "restless" as actual sleep.

But I guess it doesn't matter all that much because the Fitbit Blaze's vibration is too weak to wake me anyway.  Maybe they'll release a firmware update that fixes that later! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came to the forums specifically looking for this. At the very least, if combining the sleep tracker and alarm clock like mentioned app does is too difficult, why not an automatic alarm after X hours once sleep is detected? I tend to over-sleep and then I'm groggy and even more tired all day. It's difficult to set an alarm and stick to it once I'm in bed because it usually takes me a while to fall asleep because I'm distracted.

TLDR:

Fitbit knows I'm sleeping, so the alarm is set automatically for 8 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I go on about how frustrating it is that this basic function is unavailable every time someone asks me about my fitbit. Assuming I'm the only one that complains about this, it doesn't make economic sense not to implement the feature, I'm losing you a lot of potential customers. Also, from this thread, it is apparent that other people complain about this as well. Are you listening Fitbit Inc? Are you going to get up, get out there and get active, and then sit back down at your computer and implement this feature...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit flex 2 we need the sleep cycle alarm can someone from Fitbit please advise when the feature will be implemented to wake during light sleep within an Alarm window

Best Answer

Hi,

Try this sleep cycle alarm clock:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alarm-clock-sleep-with-sheep/id1219978190?l=pl&ls=1&mt=8

It's better because you can assess yourself when you will fall asleep. You don't have to sleep with your head on the iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not convinced by this it's not waking me by detecting when I'm at my lightest sleep
Guessing my up band is best for sleep!
Best Answer
0 Votes

+10000!

Totally agree! I'm waiting for this function for years!! Also can't understand why it's still not here.. It's seems just as software update issue... Hope someone will hear us soon!

Best Answer
Sure ! What's needed is a reply! If you go on instagram and leave comments it's possible to get a response!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep cycle alarm was the primary reason I just bought a fit bit. This is such a no-brainer. And now I realize that 3 years after the original post this is still not implemented? Come on Fitbits, get your act together!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if you have this function but on my Sleep cycle app I can have it detect sound rather than movement which has allowed me to put it next to my bed rather than sleep on it. I have found it to still work well , I don't think it works as well as the motion but am still happy with the outcome 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes