Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Latency with Charge 2

ANSWERED

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue. I find that with the Charge 2, and the heart-rate related auto-sleep, that I'm told I take 0 minutes to fall asleep. After I've been laying in bed for 40 minutes. I was just wondering if there was a way to still get the heart rate, detailed sleep report, but also be able to have it account for the fact that I'm wide awake for sometimes an hour before I fall asleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sammyken wrote:

So, whenever I edit a sleep log it reverts it to the non-in depth version. So, I'm thinking that if I want to keep access to the theoretical sleep stages, I have to just take into consideration that it cannot account for my sleep latency as well as my sleep stages. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? 

I suppose it doesn't really matter. I just felt like there should be a way to have both.

It seems "minutes to fall asleep" was a casualty to the new sleep stage model. It also no longer specifies "restless".  Some people who'd rather know time restless over sleep stages, have disabled the HR monitoring to force the old sleep categories. For now, we have to choose one over the other.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Sammyken wrote:

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue. I find that with the Charge 2, and the heart-rate related auto-sleep, that I'm told I take 0 minutes to fall asleep. After I've been laying in bed for 40 minutes. I was just wondering if there was a way to still get the heart rate, detailed sleep report, but also be able to have it account for the fact that I'm wide awake for sometimes an hour before I fall asleep.

Hi @Sammyken,

Some people have reported this. It's because the fitbit is trying to determine the start of sleep by lack of movement.

You can include the time awake before sleep as part of the sleep tracking. Just go into the sleep log the next day and select Edit, then you can change the start time to what you wanted it t to be.

You can also tell it you are starting sleep via the app. Depending on how often you need to change the sleep record, this may or may not work better in your situation.

Dave | California

Best Answer

I just edit the sleep time when this happens

Allie
Best Answer

So, whenever I edit a sleep log it reverts it to the non-in depth version. So, I'm thinking that if I want to keep access to the theoretical sleep stages, I have to just take into consideration that it cannot account for my sleep latency as well as my sleep stages. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? 

I suppose it doesn't really matter. I just felt like there should be a way to have both.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sammyken wrote:

It seems "minutes to fall asleep" was a casualty to the new sleep stage model. It also no longer specifies "restless".  Some people who'd rather know time restless over sleep stages, have disabled the HR monitoring to force the old sleep categories. For now, we have to choose one over the other.

Dave | California

Best Answer

Thank you! This was what I was asking and also what I assumed was the case. I'll have to decide which is more important to me. Or maybe alternate weeks or something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes