Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Tracker: I may have Sleep Apnea. Restlessness and Awake. Reliable?

ANSWERED

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How is your "Sleep Sensitivity" setting configured; "Normal" or "Sensitive"?  If the latter, try the "Normal" setting and see what you come up with.  That said, if you're already on "Normal", then I would contact your doctor and have a sleep study done.

Anecdotal comments: Back in the early 2000s I was suffering more and more from poor sleep brought on by a number of health issues (starting with a badly broken leg and being non-weight-bearing for six months).  I finally checked myself into a sleep clinic in 2007 and when my results came back my Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor asked me, "Why aren't you dead?"  Yeah, my sleep was that bad.

The good news was I got myself on a CPAP machine and my sleep issues were literally cured over night.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

How is your "Sleep Sensitivity" setting configured; "Normal" or "Sensitive"?  If the latter, try the "Normal" setting and see what you come up with.  That said, if you're already on "Normal", then I would contact your doctor and have a sleep study done.

Anecdotal comments: Back in the early 2000s I was suffering more and more from poor sleep brought on by a number of health issues (starting with a badly broken leg and being non-weight-bearing for six months).  I finally checked myself into a sleep clinic in 2007 and when my results came back my Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor asked me, "Why aren't you dead?"  Yeah, my sleep was that bad.

The good news was I got myself on a CPAP machine and my sleep issues were literally cured over night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have made an appointment with the sleep clinic. So now...I hurry up and wait. Thanks

Best Answer

@KGeezy4Sheezy wrote:

I have made an appointment with the sleep clinic. So now...I hurry up and wait. Thanks

Awesome, keep us posted.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

While fitbit cannot diagnose OSA, I can tell you that my fitbit is behaving differently after having been diagnosed with OSA and been on CPAP treatment for a week now.  My fitbit never used to automatically read my sleep - I always had to force it into monitoring my sleep, then click the button again when I woke up.  Now, the fitbit is doing this automatically, and it's surprisingly accurate in registering how long I've been sleeping.  So, while it will not diagnose OSA, it appears to be able to provide another data point that you may have OSA.  In other words, if you're fitbit won't automatically track your sleep without your intervention, it may be a good idea to speak with your doctor about the possibility that you may have OSA. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been some time, but I finally had my appointment with the sleep clinic. My results were quite surprising, and I mean that in a disappointed way. However, I have been using a CPAP machine for sometime since my appointment. I will say that my sleep is much better now with the machine. I. am grateful I went in when I did and my diagnosis put me on the right path and now, fingers crossed, this is one less reason the reaper can get to me. The use of the machine is not exactly perfected, but I certainly believe my chances of perhaps passing in my sleep have been lessened. I'm a disabled veteran and this is one of those things I can stress less about. Although, there is still a list of other abnormalities I deal with on a daily basis. I just wanted to say thank you to the support and advice I received from this community. 

Peace

Hotep

As Salam Alaykum

Shalom

Namaste

Best Answer

Just wanted to say thanks for your service and glad you got checked out.  I have slight sleep apnea and once I got used to the CPAP it greatly improved my quality of life.  Hoping it will do the same for you.  

Best Answer