Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep app tracking question

ANSWERED

Just purchased this product..I am trying to log my sleeping due to back and shoulder issues..I am wondering at what point does the app start tracking my sleep..Ex, I went to bed last night around say 1130-midnight and when I looked this morning it only shows from like 3am to 815am..Does this mean that I was actually up just laying in bed not able to fall asleep all that time.?..I am always moving around due to my issues...Is there a way to tell fitbit I am in bed at such and such time!?!?! thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From fitbit.

"How does my tracker automatically detect sleep?

All of our wrist-based trackers automatically detect your sleep, meaning you just need to wear your tracker to bed. After you sync your tracker in the morning you'll see your sleep information on your dashboard. To track sleep with Fitbit One, see How do I put my tracker in sleep mode?

Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your tracker assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep. Morning movement tells your tracker that you’re awake. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep log from your history.

If you track sleep with Alta HR, Blaze, or Charge 2, Fitbit uses a combination of your movement and heart rate patterns to estimate your sleep stages. For more information, see What should I know about sleep stages?"

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

From fitbit.

"How does my tracker automatically detect sleep?

All of our wrist-based trackers automatically detect your sleep, meaning you just need to wear your tracker to bed. After you sync your tracker in the morning you'll see your sleep information on your dashboard. To track sleep with Fitbit One, see How do I put my tracker in sleep mode?

Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your tracker assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep. Morning movement tells your tracker that you’re awake. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep log from your history.

If you track sleep with Alta HR, Blaze, or Charge 2, Fitbit uses a combination of your movement and heart rate patterns to estimate your sleep stages. For more information, see What should I know about sleep stages?"

Best Answer