Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which sleep sensitivity is recommended?

ANSWERED

Which sleep sensitivity setting is recommended? Normal or sensitive?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
160 REPLIES 160
Pain? Meds might help. So might some of the traditional pain remedies — like chanting or music or a ‘musical’ moan, sigh, groan, (whatever?) or tickling a part of your body away from the site causing the pain. Or pillows releiving muscle tension. For several weeks I sang a Russian lullaby to my broken shoulder. It sort of worked — in that I needed far less medication for my pain. I find meds work much better when one combines them with alternative medical treatment.
Best Answer
Thank you. I agree w the combo.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi again, so interesting. Will do some research.
Also note of interest... Christians believe Jesus walks the earth then and is a good time to meditate to Him.
On lighter note..I have been known to do some "dreaded" housework and then go back to sleep. Works also. But in summertime.. doggie likes to get up and out for a walk as soon as daylight hits, so this time of year I am not always enjoying that wonderfully euphoric second-sleep.
Best Answer
0 Votes

nice tip @LindaB777 re: changing the sleep graph. thanks.

Best Answer

I would get tested for sleep apnea.  I have the same problem and sleep 3-4 hours a night, though I am in bed for 7-8 hours.  Sometimes I catch myself holding my breath.  I think the senstive setting on the fitbit is alerting me to this possible condition.

Best Answer

Ambien and the benzodiazepines are notorious for actually disrupting your sleep as they wear off. Ask your doctor about Remeron (mirtazapine).

Best Answer

I have the charge 2 how do i change my sleep tracker to sensitive? I have tried to do it the way the faq described but i dont see anything the says sleep sensitivity 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try changing what you eat before bed - say dinner time and later. Protein seems to give me more energy and makes it harder to sleep. It's a complex issue and getting the right balance of evrything is still difficult for me. Know that what works for me might not work for you. Good luck. 

Best Answer
Hi Sandy 1126, great perception.
Along that thinking ... must mention... my dietician told me to watch my
evening intake of carbs (which I really enjoy) because when their effects
wear off, my body will motivate me to awaken and refill with carbs ! Which
was exactly what I had been doing... awakening 3 to 4 hours after falling
asleep looking for a snack. Most annoying.
Best Answer

Very interesting. Wonder why that hasn't happened with me. Maybe quantity of carbs? I'm very loosely following the zone diet. Also treating carbs and starch differently. Seems to be working better than anything else so far. Different bodies do different things. Thanks for sharing your insight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

need to have sleep test, suspect you have sleep apneia 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Tweed River, had sleep test... thanks; which led to further
discoveries. It is wonderful how medicine is NOW so attuned to self
discovery. Fewer doctors are intimidated by our quest for information
regarding our individual and specific health issues.
This new breed of doctors now encourage and understand a proactive
participation in one's own health. God Bless them.

As Sandy 1126 indicates ... our bodies do react differently and should one
desire or even require further understanding, I highly recommend a type of
health consultant dietician should your physician know of an especially
talented one. It takes "shopping"; however, worth the effort. Finally, it
was my cardiologist's suggestion and his facility that had the right
dietician onboard with the right focus and knowledge / education for my
dna. As we have heard so many times during our lives... We (certainly) are
what we eat.

TURNS OUT my problems are more complex along with serious health issues;
complicated with extreme allergies to meds and food. Have one foot on a
banana peel , so to say , AND amazingly this fitbit bracelet has become a
"pal". (Just starting my day and unable to compose a smoother
acknowledgement to my fitbit... tee hee).

Enjoy a beautiful day, all!
I am so thankful I have another day to work at refining myself both
spiritually and physically.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I kicked caffeinated coffee and it helped. Decaf has caffeine. Be careful of decaf teas as well- they have caffeine. You may be overly sensitive to it like me. Only drink caffeine free tea at night. Also - exercise tends to help me sleep better in the long term. Like sometimes my sleep gets worse as I ramp up my exercise, but if I have been exercising regularly for awhile I sleep better. They also say no pets in your bedroom. Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Metthelan,

Makes sense. I do get a chuckle out of "no pets" in the bedroom. Yes, I
can relate to that. Our Maltese can be demanding and interrupt our sleep.
But most times he has better sleep behavior habits than we. He likes to be
in his bed by 9pm... whether we are going to bed or not. Then, of course,
unless he decides he wants to join us and barks for us to lift him into our
bed. Our dog sitter taught him that trick!

Thinking when I was younger, I had no concerns about what I ate or drank
before sleep. Had no problem about when or where I slept. Now that I am
seniorized... who would have "thunk" decaf coffee would be a problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally true. I think a little caffeine wouldn't have hurt me before but when I'm even a little nervous or anxious, all it takes is a little probably to keep my mind racing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't read all comments, but if you wake up consistently around 3 AM, it could be a blood sugar issue. Having a snack of healthy carbs/fat + protein (think toast + peanut butter, an apple and almond butter, almonds, cheese + fruit) before bed may help keep your blood sugar stable and prevent the 3 AMwake ups. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Katalin,

Hey, I'll try it.
Yes, it is a blood sugar problem. Thankyou, thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A very late response to your post but for anyone else out there who has same issue its worth investigating daily mediation, it can really improve quality of sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

l was sleeping less than 3 hours per night.  Tried numerous meds  which didn't work.  Tried Ambien, which did, but gave me heart palpitations.  Tried a bunch more.  Finally tried Klonopin which is working great.  It's for anxiety but worked great for me.  I hate the idea of taking anything but for me it appears to be hormonal, so hopefully it's a temporary problem.  Ask you doctor.  You're not sleeping enough and you will not believe how good it feels to clock a good 7 or 8.  Best of luck to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi PCM94,
Thank you for info. I'll ask Dr.
I am doing much, much better thank you. Greatest Nutritionist helping me w
allergies, foods, etc. Etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes