Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep time and wake up

Hello newbie here, sorry if this kind of topic being discussed before here. People said that, an adult should get the best maybe something like 7 hour of sleep per day, but how about the portion of sleep being cut down to certain time. Is that people need to sleep straight 7 hour without any intervention then it is should consider healthy?

I mean always wake up in the middle of the night to pee, then i cannot sleep. But to cover that 7 hours, during the day i also sleep a few hours. During brunch and also after lunch and sometimes after tea times.

Sleep for the straight 6-7 hour is a thing of past now, (i can do that when i was a teenager or kids), but now being an adult, no matter how tired i am or how sleepy i am, maybe the best i could go 3 hours straight, then automatically i will wake up to pee or else.

Is that normal? is that i drink too much water before going to sleep?

Sometimes being an adult, i just thought that, i will sleep when my brain tell me to sleep and get rest. No need to follow "the rules" of 7 hour of good sleep during the night.

But a few of my friend still can do that stuff, i mean they can sleep straight for 6-7 hours without any intervention, makes me think, maybe i got problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I also always need to wake up and pee at least once, often twice, per night. Plus I woke up due to sitffness building up in my joints. However I am able to fall back to sleep immediately after. Thus I  average 7 hours a night of full sleep, even if it is interrupted. 

Doing 7 hours in total by adding naps during day helps. 

If you are unable to fall back to sleep after 3 hours then yes, you have a disturbed sleep cycle. I would suggest you talk to your doctor. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for you reply, that 3 hour is the best without interrupted, but when i wake up and pee, then it is hard to fall asleep back.

The best approach might be full 7 hours during the night, but i just cannot do that, the result is, i might take a lot of nap during the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried making up for lost sleep by taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. But I didn't find the results satisfying. You can't really get much deep sleep in during a nap.

What worked better for me, is when I get up in the middle of the night, to get out of bed, and do something light. Usually within about an hour, I'll start to feel a little sleepy and can often go back asleep.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes