Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker accuracy

ANSWERED
I was wondering how accurate the flex sleep tracker is. I know I don't sleep well, but I am normally getting 5 hrs of sleep or less. I go to bed between 10 and 11 and don't get up until 7:30. Is the accuracy off or am I really not sleeping that well at night?
Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hi Lauren or is it Nicole 😉 ?

I have the same problem, and sleep about the same hours. My charge 2 has stopped auto recording now, though before it wold always split my sleep time into two chunks, one before midnight and one after! So it seemed like I was sleeping much worse.

I think it stopped recording my sleep as it hadnt synched in a few days.

I have tried to get help for the splitting sleep record issue, though to no avail right now.

Can ANYONE help with that issue?

Best Answer

I'm on a low dose of Trazodone, 50mg about 30 minutes before bed. It's the only med that has helped me sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recovery Runner: Have you tried massage consistently? I have heard good things that massage / deep touch therapy can really help regulate sleep patterns. It seems to help me! Just a thought... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is one more thought I had in addition to the deep massage therapy... years ago I was diagnosed with Ebstein Barr virus and had the worst time staying asleep. Every night I would wake around the 3 o'clock hour. I found out that that is when your liver kicks in for its cleansing routine and in certain cases that can actually wake you. I was put on a regimen of calcium / magnesium and it did wonders for my ability to stay asleep! You might have to play around with the dosages and various combos as it seemed to work best for me to take the magnesium in the morning and the calcium at night but some people do better with it both at night. 

Here is a link you might find useful: 

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/163169.php

Hope this helps! Massage therapy and cal mag really made a difference for me!!! Happy sleeping!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I go to sleep around 10 or 11, but my Fitbit always starts tracking around 1:00.  Is there a way to make it accurate?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I just checked and sensitivity is set to Normal. Still it shows me being awake for 75 minutes a night, in R.E.M. For a minimum of zero and a maximum of 3 minutes. Color me skeptical about sensitivity:) Besides that I love my Charge 2.. really!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do a Google search for “Accuracy of Wristband Fitbit Models in Assessing Sleep: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.”

Sometimes the sleep-staging can be off but that will give you a better idea of how to modify your sleep log in order to get it as accurate as possible.

Definitely worth it for me after factoring this information in.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes