Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleeping With Fitbit

ANSWERED
I have the charge hr and it seems pretty accurate for telling my sleep. I have read several complaints over it is inaccurate.

Ok... To the question! Where should I wear my Fitbit when I go to bed? Would you put it up higher where you would work out with it or maybe where you normally wear it? Im so confused!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just always wear my charge on my wrist like where I used to wear a watch.  I wear it like this when I work out and when I sleep and work.  Hope this answers your question.  I have not found  my charge to act up when I sleep.  I did have to initially change my sleep settings to normal (changing it from sensitive) when I set it up.  You might want to look at your sleep settings and see if you can find the right setting for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I just always wear my charge on my wrist like where I used to wear a watch.  I wear it like this when I work out and when I sleep and work.  Hope this answers your question.  I have not found  my charge to act up when I sleep.  I did have to initially change my sleep settings to normal (changing it from sensitive) when I set it up.  You might want to look at your sleep settings and see if you can find the right setting for you.

Best Answer
One more quick question.... While I'm sleeping, there are blocks out of my heart rate every now and then throughout the night. I have never put the Fitbit into sensitive mode, but do you know how to fix this? This was why I asked the question, but I forgot why typing it 😒
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to fitbit but tonight will be my first sleep log night. I have sleep apnea where I used to stop breathing for 15 seconds or more many, many times during the night. I got a CPAP and now sleep really good but curious how my vitals and breathing are now. To answer your question, maybe it isn't fitbit but you may have apnea. You might want to get tested. My oxygen levels were down to 55% during the night but now are 98%. Apnea is a silent killer that most people have never heard of... Get tested. Fitbit may have just saved your life...

Best Answer
I move around my bed a lot at night. I am now thinking that my Fitbit just moves out of place on my wrist. After all, I'm probably too young to have sleep apnea.
Best Answer

To select "normal" or "sensitive" sleep setting, click the cog symbol at the upper right in Dashboard, then setttings, then devices, then select Charge HR.  Sleep settings are near the bottom of the page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Did that and I like the results better/more accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome! My hope this solves the problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guys! Have a look here (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/More-functional-sleep-data-analysis/idi-p/1195744). What do you think about this function in Fitbit, would you like to have it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The like is invalid.
Best Answer
0 Votes

no one is too young to have apnea. even babies can have apnea. 

Best Answer
I have a flex but even before that I had a different make and showed my sleeping pattern as shocking and I'd sure love a full night's sleep as takes me forever to get motivated due to not sleeping right. This is slowing me down and my memory is shocking due to it all and also affects my epilepsy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried both settings and it is way off. I usually go to bed around 12 and get up at 7 and usually it states I get 4-5 hrs sleep. My wife says I do not snore, but I do toss some. Is my device defective?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. You don't think we get as much sleep as we think. Make sure your settings are in the least sensitive setting. One night I had to take Benadryl and I slept so well according to Fitbit. No waking and no restless moments. Pretty funny.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Children can have sleep apnea, it does not care who it grabs by the throat, young/old/slim and cuddlier.

Sleepy

Best Answer
0 Votes