Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Alarm? Any 3rd party app that does it?

I would really love a 'smart' alarm that tries and wakes you up in a moment of light sleep. Some people report great success with such alarms. Any plans to implement something like that for the Fitbit? Is there any 3rd party app that does it? Thanks!

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

I'd be actually interested in the same thing. Why cannot Fitbit integrate smart alarm function into their bands? Come on Fitbit, it can't be that difficult when you already have the data....

Best Answer
MotionX sleep has a great Smart Alarm feature that is customizable as well. I do not believe it can be controlled by the Surge, so you'll have to out your phone in bed with you. It uses the accelerometer of the phone to detect light sleep and wakes you within a defined range around the time you set your alarm. Prior to getting the Surge, this is the way a tracked and analyzed my sleep patterns.
Best Answer

Yeah, but I mean, it's annyoing because in all of the other aspects, I'm satisfied with Fitbit. Before, I used Sleep Cycle on my iPhone but I thought that the wristband could replace all of the functionality without having to plug in my phone and position it under my pillow every day before going to sleep.

I thought Fitbit would integrate this functionality but it's been a while now and nothing happened 😞

Best Answer
Jawbone has it. I do wonder how well it works though.
Best Answer
Considering how crucial a smart alarm is to the sleep tracking function, the feature will inevitably be incorporated into the app. If enough of U.S. request the feature through the web site, we can make it happen! Post away my friends!
Best Answer

If Fitbit did this with any/all of their sleep trackers it would put the Withings Aura over the edge to no longer be a viable product.

Right now the Aura is probably the best thing out there so that you do not need to have your phone on your bed due to their sleep monitor that sits under the matress. However, it picks up movement from a partner sleeping in the bed. If Fitbit incorperated the Smart Alarm functionality in their activewear then they would definitely take the wind out of the sails of the Aura.

The technology is there, the need is there, it is up to the Fitbit SDEs to push it out there; but seriously it is not difficult at all...

-Choose time range in which you would like to be woken prior to set alarm time.

-If restless activity is found within this timeframe prior to set alarm time then have alarm go off at that moment. Use standard alarm Snooze/Off functions already coded into the watch.

Only possible drawback to this would be an Alarm Type option. i.e. Is this alarm a wake up alarm or other?

Best Answer
Please Fitbit. I'm returning my flex I got as a gift and buying something else that will have the smart alarm. I like your interface but you need a smart alarm.
Best Answer

Look at the latest Pebbles. They can review activity, be a Smart Watch, and have apps for a Smart Alarm... about $200 though.

Best Answer

Totally agree that a smart alarm is needed.

I use the "Sleep Better" app just for this feature, but it means keeping my smartphone by my pillow.

Best Answer
100% needs a smart alarm. Would not be that hard to code and would set it apart from the competition. Come on Fitbit, it's a no-brainer.
Best Answer

+1 for this feature. Fitbit, please!

Best Answer
I use Sleep by Android. It acts as a smart alarm but also gives you a read out of how much time you spent in light sleep, deep sleep and REM. Another thing I like about it is that it wakes me up to my Spotify play list not a jarring noise and has a lullaby function. Basically white noise to help you drift off. I prefer 'thunderstorms'
Best Answer

@WalkerG wrote:
Jawbone has it. I do wonder how well it works though.

It works well, that's why I don't change it with a fitbit...

Best Answer

It works really well.  I had a jawbone, and that was my favorite feature.  The device died within a year though so I thought I'd give fitbit a try since I have trouble waking up in the morning.  It never occured to me that it's sleep tracking wouldn't have the same feature.

Best Answer

It works wonderfully. It's just that the company has issue resulting continuation problem developing the product. 

Best Answer

I second this! I've used this app for a while now and it is really good. The developer is active with it and a lot of research has gone into the fine tuning of it.

It offers a lot of graphs and charts that draw a much better picture of your sleeping profile the longer you use the app.

Best Answer

It works great I had a Jawbone UP3 before buying my Fitbit Charge 2. I'm shocked my new band doesn't do these simple things. The Jawbone app doesn't connect to the Fitbit. 😯

Best Answer

Smart alarm is definitely needed! Common Fitbit, should not be that difficult to implement now that you have REM, light and deep sleep tracking implemented.

Best Answer

Please implement this feature!

Best Answer