Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Alarm? Any 3rd party app that does it?

I would really love a 'smart' alarm that tries and wakes you up in a moment of light sleep. Some people report great success with such alarms. Any plans to implement something like that for the Fitbit? Is there any 3rd party app that does it? Thanks!

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

I would also love a smart alarm feature.  I have to use the "sleep for android" app to accomplish this separately, when I feel like my fitbit should easily be able to do this since other wristbands have been capable of it for quite awhile. I wake up much more refreshed with a smart alarm than a standatd set time alarm. I'm really surprised fitbit hasn't implemented this by now. 

Best Answer

Yes please fitbit, do it! That can't be a technical problem at all!

Best Answer

I really want this feature as well it's the only edge the Jawbone Up has over you 

Best Answer

I use Sleep as Android for smart alarm, but really wish my Charge 2 had it.

Best Answer

I also wish for the same.

Glad I'm not alone.

Best Answer

I am surprised this feature not implemented yet

Best Answer

Can't hurt to bump once more. Would absolutely love to see this implemented!

Best Answer

Samuel; I used Sleep Cycle too but an an Android.  When I used it's 'smart' wake-up system, I found it would always give me the alarm at the earliest time possible!  It's analysis of my sleep never seemed right. 

Best Answer

agree

@pwsm50 wrote:

Best Answer

+1

@raymond07734 wrote:

agree

@pwsm50 wrote:

Best Answer

is there anything planed in the future?

please let me know 🙂

it would be so awesome...

that was one of my main reasons to by my charge 2! 😕

Best Answer

Welcome to the club. 😉

Best Answer

I would love this too. Anyone find an app that does the trick yet? To be able to use the Fitbit with for example the sleep cycle app would be awesome!

(I also had a jawbone that I used for that purpose mainly, but it broke and the two next had faults and were returned, so here I am, Fitbit... I miss the smart alarm lot though)

Best Answer

PLEASE Fitbit!! You have all the tech, make something sleek, waterproof, with smart alarms!! Praying for this miracle. I have the flex 2 because I don’t want a smart watch, just the basics. 

Best Answer

+1

would love to have this too

Best Answer

Bump.  I actually bought this thinking it does it.  Now I have to explain to my wife that although the programmability and sensors are there, it was the jawbone I was thinking about... its 2018.

Best Answer

Rooting for it. My sister bought the Charge 2 for my and I love it so far, however it's seriously missing this one crucial feature (apart from the gym tracking but that's okay) and its ez to implement! please do Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I would more specifically like for the sleep cycle data to be available via the API in real time so that audio, visual or tactile cues can be triggered by REM sleep.  REM cues are used to trigger lucid dreaming - becoming aware within a dream.  Lucid dreaming is much easier to achieve since you can train yourself to recognize these external cues.  Many years ago, I used a device called a NovaDreamer, which was worn like a blindfold and had an IR motion detector that detected eye movement.  It then waited a preset time before producing selected cues such as a flashing LED or buzzer in different patterns and intensities.  Combined with some simple training (similar to learning to be aware of when you need to get up and go pee), it made becoming lucid simple.  Unfortunately, they never brought the product back to market again.  Adding real time REM detection to the Fitbit API would allow apps that could generate sounds, songs, light patterns or send patterned vibrations to the Fitbit device, allowing users to choose cues or combinations that are easiest for them to recognize within dreams.  No additional hardware required.  This would be a huge deal for fellow onieronauts.

Best Answer

I just got my fitbFi and I don't get why such a basic feature would not be there.

Best Answer

It worked REEEEEALY well. I milked every year i could out of various UPs for this veve reason. They must have patented it or something. 

Best Answer