Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for going to sleep or waking up quicker

To wake up quicker, wear long pants and a shirt to bed instead of just an over sized tee. This is because the heat is equal through out the body. Your more likely to wake up in the morning instead of stay under the "warm, cozy covers".  I've been late numerous times simply because it was too cold to get out of bed. Also do something like yoga or meditation in the morning so you look forward to waking up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have never heard of this before. Is this a study you are quoting or sharing your experience?

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Sleep cold, not warm. I keep my bedroom at 63 degrees F, and it helps.

Get on a schedule.

Don't drink anything for a few hours before bed.

Do not read in bed, listen to the radio, or watch TV.

No screen time for an hour before bed -- no computer, phone, or TV.

Do not do anything in the bedroom except sleep, change clothes, and have sex. (I violate this rule by doing 10 minutes of yoga before getting in bed.)

Keep the room dark.

To help fall asleep, visualize a special time in your life. I like to imagine when I was a child walking on a summer day, grasshoppers humming in grass taller than my head, to a stream in , with my dog next to me.

And here's a tip, if you wake in the middle of the night -- often, this works:

Tense every muscle in your body and hold for a few seconds, then release the tension as you cough.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IzzyA415wrote:

To wake up quicker, wear long pants and a shirt to bed instead of just an over sized tee. This is because the heat is equal through out the body. Your more likely to wake up in the morning instead of stay under the "warm, cozy covers".  I've been late numerous times simply because it was too cold to get out of bed. Also do something like yoga or meditation in the morning so you look forward to waking up.

Interesting, My experience is almost the opposite. If I wake up on the cold side in bed, I feel fine getting up. It's when I'm nested in a warm bed that I have trouble getting up. But we're all different.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

To help you get to sleep faster, have a bedtime routine that tells your body, time to sleep. Most nights I take a melatonin tab before my nightly shower. (I don't take it on weekends, though.) I also dab on some aromatherapy stuff while I'm getting into bed. I admit to reading in bed because sometimes it does help me sleep. But I try to read a physical book instead of something on my e-reader. I have breathing exercises I've modified from a Pilates class where I inhale through the nose and when I exhale, sinking my belly as low as I can. I do that ten times, sometimes more. I have a book called Yoga in Bed for "asanas you can do in your pajamas" that I sometimes use--I might do a modified goddess pose or a few gentle twists.

I sleep naked except on the coldest of nights. I hear it's better for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tips..but i want to tell you the story of my friend. I can say he is gifted and has a miracle within him. He can drink a cup of coffee before going to bed and sleep peacefully. LoL... Me? If i drink coffee after 6 pm, i will not fall asleep until maybe 2 3 am. Or even the worse case, if i drink coffee during the night, i will not feel sleepy at all until tomorrow morning...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's a page I put together on the subject of getting better sleep:

https://www.thusness.com/sleep.html

Best Answer
0 Votes