Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wake me up in light sleep

Does any of the Fitbit bands have the feature to wake me up within an interval where I'm in light sleep, just like the Sleep Cycle alarm on iPhone does?

In other words, track the light and deep sleeps, but I wanna wake up between 7.00 and 7.30 when I'm in light sleep instead of deep.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @wolfie1979,

Sleep stages are brand new, so currently, no. That would be a great idea to post over on the Feature Suggestion board on this site.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Sorry, but it's very strange that, even if "Sleep stages are brand new" (I am not sure if you mean only for FitBit products - please clarify), they didn't think of a feature that was already available on Jawbone for about 2 years now (company sadly "died" recently - I was considering of buying the Up3 which has this feature), and which has already been a feature in specialized apps on the iPhone 4 (2010!!), when for the first time accelerator and gyroscope featured on a smartphone (I used it for a while during 2011 - 2012). 

I am considering buying a Fitbit device but the " Conditio sine qua non" is this feature !!

Best Answer

Yes, I'm referring to Fitbit, as that's the focus of this site. 🙂

I've used that type of software before with smartphones, but honestly I didn't find much benefit from it. Usually my deep stage is towards the beginning, and REM somewhere in the middle. But I typically don't have either near wake time, so I'm fine the way things are.

I do recommend you propose it in the Feature Suggestion part of this site. It's a good idea, and one that may be implemented with trackers that have an alarm already.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, sorry but I don't understand why you react on my remark about software
for smartphones. I clearly mentioned that I'm looking for a wearable (not a
smartphone app) with the feature "wake in light sleep". My remark was just
that more than 5 years age this type of feature was already available for
smartphones, and for over 2 years on some wearables such as Jawbone, so
please...

And, it's not because I react on a post in the "Fitbit community" that it
should 100% be related to a Fitbit device, so my "question" regarding your
remark was totally legitimate (I just wanted to make 100% sure you were
referring to Fitbit).

But most importantly, you didn't react on my main remark, that is: Fitbit
still doesn't produce a wearable with this feature, which is for me a must
for buying such a device. So please do you have any remarks on that (how
came they sill do not have this feature, will they have the intention to,
and when will they...)
Best Answer

Alright there tough guy no need to be a douchbag about it clearly there was some misundersanding so why don't you stop biting peoples heads off and chill out.

Oh and yea if your commenting on a fitbit forum page it's assumed that your talking about a fitbit product. And the reason the software is mentioned is because the software controlls what the wearable does.

Best Answer

This idea came to my mind. When do you think FitBit will bring this feature ?

Best Answer
0 Votes