Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wearing Fitbit overnight

I have had my Fitbit since late last summer, just a basic model, wear regularly.  I have been monitoring my sleep pattern.  I don't wear watches, never have and it took some time to get used to this on my wrist all the time.  However gradually over the last months I have found myself waking up with my left hand middle finger almost stuck bent and it has taken a while to get back to normal.  I have researched this and it appears to be something called Trigger Finger which is to do with the tendons from the wrist to the hand making the finger seem to "lock", a swelling in the palm at the bottom of the finger.  As the clip part sits directly on the tendons going to the hand could the Fitbit be somewhat responsible.  I don't wear it tightly but the instructions say to use on the non dominant hand.  Any ideas out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I would not wear it a few nights and see if you notice any improvement.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have a flex, I find that a ruler placed along the wrist under the clasp area so you have something

firm to push on instead of the Soft Tissue makes a huge difference.

The constant pushing on that area causes Carpal Tunnel symptoms and serious Inflammation, this has been my own personal experience.

I made an elastic sleeve for my flex and only wear the proper flex band for special occasions, I now also have a Charge HR [part a].

Best Answer
0 Votes