Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with my sleep graph?

I've recently bought a Charge 2 and I'm finding the sleep graphs really confusing. It breaks my night up into little chunks and there are gaps in the recording. Last night I was in bed by 11ish and up at about 7.30 yet it's saying I only had around 3 hours sleep! Can anyone explain? Below are screenshots from the app and also the online dashboard.

IMG_0277.PNGIMG_0278.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Gillybean, did this problem go away?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine looks like this too, which is why I came to this site looking for answers.  It isn't every night, but its enough that its annoying, and if I want to know my average time asleep, this invalidates those figures.  It looks like there are sometimes several hours where the device isn't recording anything at all.  Charge 2 as well, by the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 told me this morning that I got a whole 58 minutes of deep sleep last night. Shame that it logged the time when I was sat talking to my wife Smiley Very Happy, she's now asking if I was really listening to her...... Smiley Sad

Best Answer

Hi Gillybean,

I was experiencing this problem as well. Drove me nuts! Two things I did that have corrected this:

1) Let the Fitbit do it's job ... don't tell it that you are going to bed or waking up, it magically knows this! It's impossible to insure it syncs while its in this mode ... you break sync, no graph Really it works, for the most part. When you wake up, DO NOT take your Fitbit off, DO NOT go into your sleep log, yet ... Manually sync your Fitbit with your device (phone, PC, ..). let it sync .. once it syncs, check your graph ! Voila ! Before the second on this list, try this for a couple nights.

2) there are two settings ... one: you can adjust the sensitivity, make it more or less sensitive .. may take a couple tries to figure out which works best for you, (the above may already correct your issue);and second is try changing hand dominance, I think this also helps if your steps are off.

If this doesn't work, a reboot of your Fitbit or even more drastic a reset. Then follow the above.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having exactly the same problem and the sleep information was the main reason for getting a Fitbit. So, to say the least I was frustrated and contacted the help folks at Fitbit every morning. Returned my first device but the problem continued with device #2. Then on a whim I tried wearing it on my dominant wrist (right instead of left). It has worked almost flawlessly since then. I sleep mostly on my left side and I think I put my left hand under the pillow often at night which may have interfered with the device. During the day I still wear it on my left arm.

Best Answer
0 Votes